On guard: Bridewell bids to maintain Showdown spot
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
On guard: Bridewell bids to maintain Showdown spot
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Tommy Bridewell will be guarding his current fifth position in the overall standings at the Showdown decider next weekend (7/8/9 September) at Donington Park as the Supersonic BMW rider bids to put the team inside the top six for the final three round title-decider.

Bridewell is yet to stand on the podium this season, but a string of consistent top six performances have seen him hold on to a potential Title Fighter position and he has to keep up the pressure on his rivals by finishing ahead in the two races at the Leicestershire circuit. Bridewell currently holds fifth in the standings with a 17 point lead over Alex Lowes in sixth, but knows they cannot afford to lose out next weekend.

Bridewell said:

"Lots of people have said that I must be pretty much there, but like I said before it can still change; we saw that at Cadwell Park. We know what we need to do and that is to just keep doing what we have been; we know the top four have an edge over us at the moment, but generally I have been able to beat Alex and Ian in the races this season, so I just need to keep enough over them to keep this position. I have a buffer, but not by much, but they still need to beat me. We have big expectations to try and make the Showdown and if we do it will be a big achievement for the team. For me getting in the Showdown would be like winning the championship; it would be massive."

03-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Website Find Reply