TYCO SUZUKI IN-THE-MIX AT DONINGTON BSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TYCO SUZUKI IN-THE-MIX AT DONINGTON BSB
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki riders Josh Brookes and Alastair Seeley made a solid start to this weekend's British Superbike Championship ninth round at Donington Park as Brookes posted the quickest time in the opening Free Practice session and was third in the second despite being held up in traffic, although the Australian is relaxed and looking forward to Qualifying tomorrow.

Seeley (pictured) was also in the mix at the sharp-end of proceedings on his GSX-R1000 Superbike taking sixth and fifth positions on the opening day as he maintains his upbeat pursuit of a "Top-Six Showdown" place.

In 1000cc Superstock class, American youngster PJ Jacobsen continues to impress after posting the third fastest time in the opening Qualifying session aboard the latest GSX-R1000 Superstock machine on his Donington debut.

Said Brookes:

"Everything is working really well. We came here previously to a track day and it was a good decision as I've felt fresh in my mind today and had a really comfortable opening session. I didn't set any amazing lap times but we were fastest in FP1; then in the second session we set out to work on tyre life. I was comfortably in second or third place on a worn tyre - then when we put a new one in, we went P1. I had traffic on the last three laps and despite going 'purple-purple' in the first two sectors, I got held up. I'm happy how things are going and I've gained more than a bit of confidence for tomorrow's qualifying."

[Image: seeleydonnington2012.jpg]

Seeley said:

"It's good to be back on the flowing Donington circuit where I've had some success previously and we're in the mix. I've just got to do my own job this weekend and ignore what's happening around me and if that's good enough, then we are in with a shout."

Jacobsen said:

"I loved the layout of the track when I was here for the track day a few weeks ago and today we've just picked up where we left off. I'm having fun on the big Suzuki and tomorrow it's just a matter of improving things to make sure we get a good grid spot."

Team Manager Phillip Neill added:

"Donington has that international feel about it and with it being the last round before the Showdown there will always be a high level of anticipation and expectancy. Josh is relaxed and up for a challenge this weekend and a good start always breeds confidence in a rider. I'm also pleased to see Alastair settling in quickly and we all know what he's capable of when confident."

08-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Website Find Reply