DOUBLE POLE FOR TYCO SUZUKI GSX-R1000
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
DOUBLE POLE FOR TYCO SUZUKI GSX-R1000
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki celebrated a double pole position earlier today at Donington Park at round nine of the British Superbike and Superstock Championships with Josh Brookes and American rookie PJ Jacobsen aboard the team's GSX-R1000s.

Brookes topped two of the Free Practice sessions before setting his pole position time in Superbike Q3 at a sun-baked Donington Park in the east Midlands. Jacobsen continues to impress with every outing on the Superstock GSX-R1000, taking his debut pole position in only his third appearance in the UK series.

Josh Brookes:

"This is perfect timing coming into the Showdown. I do enjoy the bigger, faster, flowing circuits and maybe that's why we have been fast here right from the opening practice session. I'm obviously really happy to be on pole position, but if I'm honest the pole lap was riddled with mistakes and I was a bit down on myself. I'd just like to thank the team for sorting a great handling package this weekend on my Tyco Suzuki. It's probably the best start we've had to a weekend all year, so hopefully today sets the standard for tomorrow's races."

Alastair Seeley:

"If we could race on a Friday we'd be mint. I struggled with front-end feel today and I felt like I was going to fold the front on the fast right handers. We did make it better for Q2 but I just couldn't find the time to go through. It seems that as soon as we make any progress something silly happens or I slip off, which was the case this morning."

PJ Jacobsen:

"I made a lot of mistakes yesterday even though we ended the day third quickest but today has been really good. It was difficult to find a clean lap with so much traffic on the circuit, but the Suzuki was working really well and I'm feeling awesome on it. The track day here definitely helped our preparation and it's maybe what we need to be looking at coming into the final two rounds, but for now we will concentrate on a result tomorrow."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"It's not too often you can talk about pole position in two classes in British Championship, and if I'm honest I didn't come here expecting that. However, all credit must go to the boys in the team as all their hard work this past few weeks has left us in a strong position today. In saying that, I will take nothing away from the performances of Josh and PJ, but I'm sure they will also admit it's very much a team effort.

"There was disappointment again for Alastair after slipping off this morning, but he had the pace on Friday so he just needs to find that confidence for tomorrow. For PJ to come here for the first time and put his GSX-R1000 on pole is a real confidence boost for him. He will undoubtedly be looking for his first win tomorrow but anywhere on the podium would be a top result on his debut."

British Superbike Qualifying:

1 Josh Brookes [Tyco Suzuki] 1:30.085sec;
2 Alex Lowes [Honda] +0.116;
3 Tommy Hill [Yamaha] +0.274;
4 Jon Kirkham [Honda] +0.472;
5 James Westmoreland [Honda] +0.503;
6 Tommy Bridewell [BMW] +0.705.

National 1000cc Superstock Qualifying:

1 PJ Jacobsen [Tyco Suzuki] 132.315sec;
2 Lee Johnston [Ducati] +0.272;
3 Keith Farmer [Kawasaki] +0.345;
4 Joe Burns [Kawasaki] +0.563;