Dickinson Salvages A Point At Donington For CN Racing
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Dickinson Salvages A Point At Donington For CN Racing
[Image: cnracinglogo.jpg]

The Hebden Bridge based CN Racing team endured a tough day at Donington Park today with just a solitary point to show for their efforts as new team member Joe Dickinson was placed 15th in the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship race as team-mates Cody Nally and Michael Howarth were both out of luck.

Chesterfield's Dickinson was having his first outing in the championship for four months and his cause was hindered by a spill on Friday which meant he missed the entire first qualifying session. He regrouped well though and having qualified 24th, a good start to the race saw him move up inside the top 20 and he gradually worked his way forward to be rewarded with 15th place and a hard earned championship point.

Irishman Nally qualified the best of the trio and was looking to add to his points tally for the season in the 15-lap race but just after moving inside the top 15, the Athlone rider crashed, fortunately without injury, at the Melbourne Hairpin on the sixth lap and his race came to an abrupt end.

Sadly, third team member Howarth failed to qualify after positing the 46th fastest time from the two qualifying sessions.

Joe Dickinson:

"I'm well pleased with that result and after being out of the saddle for four months, a point feels like a win to me! I had an unfortunate crash in the first qualifying session which put me on the back foot and although I'm used to riding Hondas, I haven't had much time at all on the CN Racing bike and I've work to do to get it set up how I like. To go from 24th to 15th is very pleasing and I was pleased with how I rode so with some more testing before the next round, I'm sure I'll be challenging inside the top ten."

Cody Nally:

"I made a few changes to the bike at the beginning of the weekend and I went in the wrong direction and then an issue with the rear tyre in the second qualifying session dropped me from 10th to 19th. Sixth in morning warm-up showed that I had the pace for a good top ten finish and I was moving through the field well and looking good for some points until I pushed that little bit hard and lost the front end. It's a real shame so I'll just have to put it behind me and move on to the next round."

Julia Taylor, Team Principal:

"It's been a mixed weekend but I can't fault the efforts of any of the riders and we're all really pleased to see Joe pick up a point. The crash set him back but he worked really hard and scored a good point so we're confident that with some testing before the next round, we'll be able to give him the bike he needs. Cody was unfortunate to crash in the race but luckily there was no damage to him or the bike and he just needs a bit of luck to go his way. Howie sadly didn't make it to the race but we've a test planned at Silverstone next week where we'll be looking to give all three riders the best set-up we can in preparation for the next round."

Metzeler National Superstock 1000cc Championship (15 laps)
1 PJ Jacobsen (Suzuki)
2 Lee Johnston (Ducati)
3 Victor Cox (Kawasaki)
4 Lee Costello (Kawasaki)
5 Jason O'Halloran (Honda)
6 Keith Farmer (Kawasaki)
15 Joe Dickinson (CN Racing Honda)
DNF Cody Nally (CN Racing Honda)
DNQ Michael Howarth (CN Racing Honda)

Championship standings (after 11 rounds)
1 Farmer 166pts
2 O'Halloran 157
3 Cox 121
4 Storrar 109
5 Brogan 98
6 Johnson 90
26 Dickinson 10
27 Nally 9

10-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Website Find Reply