Jakub Smrz joins Splitlath Redmond at Assen
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jakub Smrz joins Splitlath Redmond at Assen
[Image: splitlathredmondlogo.jpg]

SPLITLATH Redmond can confirm that Jakub Smrz will join the team at Assen as he switches to the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

The Czech Republic rider – known as Kuba – will join the squad for the Assen round in a fortnight.

The World Superbike Championship favourite has been confirmed with the Splitlath Redmond outfit just days after parting company with the Liberty Ducati WSB team.

He said: “Even if I had the possibilities to finish WSBK season I decided to join Splitlath Redmond for a new adventure in BSB.

“After the first contact with my new "family" I got a very good feeling with them and I am very excited about new challenge that will get back my motivation.

“Sure, it won't be easy to be on top in such a difficult championship and different bike but we'll do everything to arrive there quickly. I can't wait to race again!”

Team co-owner John Dimbylow said:

“It is fantastic for us to be able to reveal that Kuba is joining us at Assen. He will join Mark Aitchison as our second rider to come from the World Superbike paddock, and like Mark, has certainly proved his skills and talent on the worldwide stage.

“For us, he is another prestigious rider to join us here at Splitlath Redmond. We know he will go very well at Assen and we can’t wait to see how he gets on with our Aprilia. We are all very excited for the remainder of the season and look forward to welcoming Kuba to the team.”

10-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Website Find Reply