Sun is out at Donington
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sun is out at Donington
[Image: jennyt2012header.jpg]

At last, after a season, so far this year, of indifferent weather it was great to have the sunshine with us for the whole weekend at this the 9th round of the British Superbike Championship at Donington Park.

After the 2 DNF’s at Cadwell Park it was important for the team to get 2 solid finishes and with the track suiting Jenny’s riding style more than the previous round the team had high hopes. As it turned out they were not going to be disappointed.

Practice and qualifying were going well with Jenny’s lap times consistently improving, lap by lap, and it was unfortunate that she had tyre issues near the end of qualifying which resulted in her dropping down a place to 29th.

In Race 1 she was again lapping quicker than Zanotti and when it looked like she was readying for the pass the race was red flagged due to oil on the track. In the second part of the race she got a slightly better start but with part 2 only 7 laps long and even though she was gaining on the bike in front, she ran out of laps before she could make inroads.

With a much improved grid position in Race 2, due to the Race 1 result, Jenny again got away well and she was making good progress but unfortunately she made a small mistake at the old hairpin causing her to run on to the grass which resulted in lost time however she still managed to go on and set her best lap time of the weekend further on in the race.

[Image: jennytatdonnington2012.jpg]

Rider Jenny Tinmouth said:

“Overall I am happy with this weekend, lap times were coming down and everytime I venture out on the bike I am feeling more and more comfortable. My riding style is still adapting from the 600 to the 1000 and I know where I can go faster. The team will head to Assen in a fortnight excited and very much looking forward to it. I would just like to thank the fans who have given me so much support this year in the step up to Superbikes and especially my main sponsors Hardinge Machine Tools and Sorrymate.com.”

Crew Chief Steve Bradley said

“It was back to getting a couple of good strong finishes this weekend which was great and what we had started to become used to. We had a tyre issue towards the end of qualifying and again near the end of Race 2, when the tyre started to go off, but we are learning all the time. When you take into account it is only our first year on the bigger bikes and also first year in the top class progress has been excellent. Jen’s times keep improving every weekend we race which, in itself, shows that she is comfortable and is more and more settled on the bike. So we move on towards Assen in a positive frame of mind.”

The next round of the British Superbike Championship is at Assen on 21st-23rd September and will be screened live on British Eurosport.

10-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Website Find Reply