Rossi speaks openly about Ducati woes and Yamaha switch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rossi speaks openly about Ducati woes and Yamaha switch
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

In an exclusive video with motogp.com, Ducati Team’s Valentino Rossi speaks openly about his troubled time with the Italian outfit, his disappointment at leaving the team, and his much anticipated return to Yamaha.

Rossi commented: "This experience, this adventure with Ducati was very difficult already from the start. And unfortunately we were not able to fix our problem during this year and a half, and I was never competitive with this bike."

He also revealed his motivation behind the switch: "For me to take the decision for next year was very hard, because in Ducati I know a lot of great people….I made my decision because at this point in my career I think I have to try to have the more competitive bike, or the best bike for me."

Rossi summed up why he was not able to replicate his winning ways on the Desmosedici: "We are not able to create enough grip from the front tyre and enough contact on the ground. This was the biggest problem from the Valencia test in 2010, and unfortunately after almost two years we have more or less the same problem."

An on his future challenge and renewed partnership with old foe Jorge Lorenzo the Italian said: "I’m not sure I can be as fast as Lorenzo with the Yamaha. I think we will have less problems than in the past. Lorenzo was very fair with my comeback……The important thing is to have fun riding the bike, and have the chance to fight for the good positions."

13-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Website Find Reply