Isle of Man Government Confirms identity of new Festival of Motorcycling for 2013
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Isle of Man Government Confirms identity of new Festival of Motorcycling for 2013
[Image: iomfestivalofmotoringhdr.jpg]

The Isle of Man Government Department of Economic Development has confirmed the identity of its new Motorcycling event. The event, which runs from Saturday 17th August to Sunday 1st September 2013, will be called 'The Isle of Man Festival of Motorcycling' and replaces the Manx Grand Prix Festival.

The festival's schedule will feature the newly developed Classic TT Races, the Manx Grand Prix Races, the Vintage Motor Cycle Club Rally and Festival of Jurby and the Classic and Two Day Trials. In addition, the fortnight's motorcycling celebrations will include period events, exhibitions of exotic classic racing motorcycles, chat shows and autograph sessions with legendary riders, parade laps, air displays and family entertainment.

A new retro inspired logo that features the iconic three legs of Man triskelion, motorsport wings in tribute to the Mercury Trophies and a traditional chequered flag has been created for the Isle of Man Festival of Motorcycling. This will be used in all collateral and communication for the festival and will form the basis of the festival's commercial programme. The newly devised 'Classic TT' event has also had its own evocative logo developed, featuring historic iconography.

A new website http://www.iomfom.com, which will carry information about the festival, will shortly be launched. The new site will host links back to the sites of each of the organising bodies involved in the festival events with the Classic TT information being housed inside the official Isle of Man TT web site at iomtt.com.

Geoff Corkish, MBE, MHK, Political Member, Department of Economic Development commented:

“The new event has been developed to capitalise on the Isle of Man's position in the international motorcycling community. We are confident that we have created a schedule and identity that will appeal to race fans, the media and potential commercial partners as we look to develop new revenue streams for the event as well as attracting potential visitors to the Isle of Man."

[Image: iomfestivalofmotoringlogo.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2012, 06:04 PM by Malcolm.)
19-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Website Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Isle of Man Government Confirms identity of new Festival of Motorcycling for 2013

Malcolm - the Manx Grand Prix that I rode in for 5 years is DEAD

And do I care any more?

Do I Hell.

Mr Corkish and the rest of his bimbling colleagues have not a clue what the world is about.

Why could they not leave well enough alone?

And now I hear rumours of large numbers of interested potential entrants.

Well, I'll believe that when I see the long line back up the Glencrutchery Road . . . . . .

Icon_evilIcon_evilIcon_evil
19-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Find Reply
ammo Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Isle of Man Government Confirms identity of new Festival of Motorcycling for 2013
(19-10-2012, 11:13 PM)larryd Wrote: Malcolm - the Manx Grand Prix that I rode in for 5 years is DEAD

And do I care any more?

Do I Hell.

Mr Corkish and the rest of his bimbling colleagues have not a clue what the world is about.

Well, I'll believe that when I see the long line back up the Glencrutchery Road . . . . . .

No doubt this "large number of potential entrants" will all be revealed at the Motorcycling Live show at the NEC later next month. Mr Phillips has been in touch with the ACU about changes to the Mountain Curse Licence for next year but hasnt had a reply from them yet. Well, aint that a surprise!!! Mr Phillips obviously has no idea whatsoever of the SOLE PURPOSE of the Curse Licence and the REAL reason for its introduction. The words "extremely inexperienced/naive" spring to mind!!

ammo

21-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39
Ammo

Who says I haven't had a reply from the ACU regarding possible changes to the TT Mountain Course License? I certainly have never said it - and why would I as I have had several long conversations with them over the subject in the past few weeks.

The words 'makes things up to suit his own agenda' spring to mind!

Paul
21-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Find Reply
ammo Offline

(21-10-2012, 03:27 PM)Paul Phillips Wrote: Ammo

Who says I haven't had a reply from the ACU regarding possible changes to the TT Mountain Course License? I certainly have never said it - and why would I as I have had several long conversations with them over the subject in the past few weeks.

The words 'makes things up to suit his own agenda' spring to mind!

Paul

Perhaps you should read your e-mail titled "Classic TT Regulations- Draft 5 FINAL VER"
From Paul Phillips
Date 19/10/2012 15:02
To< Undisclosed recipients

Paragraph 6

"Previousy I have mentioned discussions I have had with the ACU over the TT Mountain Course Licence and potential changes to that for 2013. These changes wouldn't be exclusively relavant to the Classic TT, and would affect the MGP and Isle of Man TT. I HONESTLY THOUGHT THAT WE WOULD HAVE HAD SOME MORE INFORMATION ON THIS BY NOW, BUT SADLY WE HAVEN'T,AND IT WOULD SEEM THAT WE ARE ANOTHER WEEK OR TWO AWAY FROM THAT. I assure everyone that as soon as I know something on this, I will feed it out to you all".

Now tell me that Ive "Made it up to suit my own agenda" Mr Phillips.

Obviously you didnt know that I am one of the "Undisclosed recipients"

I'll wait for a future e-mail telling me that its now been sorted out.

ammo

(This post was last modified: 21-10-2012, 10:19 PM by ammo.)
21-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39
As I said, where do I say I haven't had a reply?

Regards

Paul
22-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Find Reply
ammo Offline

(22-10-2012, 07:31 AM)Paul Phillips Wrote: As I said, where do I say I haven't had a reply?

Regards

Paul

"I HONESTLY THOUGHT WE WOULD HAVE HAD SOME MORE INFORMATION ON THIS BY NOW, BUT SADLY WE HAVEN'T".

To me this says you have not received any reply.

As I said "Aint that a surprise".

ammo

22-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Find Reply
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
May i say that the MCL came bye through a manx man suggesting the idea to the ACU in the first place "playing about with racing", How close is the new logo come to infringement of the Rover Mini logo http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&cp=...80&bih=685
(This post was last modified: 27-10-2012, 09:59 PM by spannerman.)
27-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Find Reply
ammo Offline

(27-10-2012, 09:54 PM)spannerman Wrote: May i say that the MCL came bye through a manx man suggesting the idea to the ACU in the first place "playing about with racing",

If this was someone from the MMCC then they only have themselves to blame for the 50% reduction in entries, dont they. !!!!

ammo
28-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Find Reply
dedhummm Offline

Threads: 0
(19-10-2012, 11:13 PM)larryd Wrote: Malcolm - the Manx Grand Prix that I rode in for 5 years is DEAD

And do I care any more?

Do I Hell.

I quite agree Larry.

There are people at the helm that havent got a clue really, especially about road racing and whats involved. They quote their own propaganda as pure fact then act on this.
The Grand Prix as we have known it is dead and buried. There will be no place for the non professional rider very soon.
(This post was last modified: 29-10-2012, 11:14 AM by dedhummm.)
29-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Find Reply