Yamaha Classic Racing Team to make competitive racing debut at 2013 Classic TT Races
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Yamaha Classic Racing Team to make competitive racing debut at 2013 Classic TT Races
[Image: classicttlogo.jpg]

Former works Yamaha mechanic Ferry Brouwer has confirmed his support for the inaugural Classic TT Races due to be held in August 2013 by entering his world renowned Yamaha Classic Racing Team.

[Image: ferrybrouwersbikes1.jpg]

The YCRT will contest the 250cc, Formula 1 and Formula 2 Classic classes. Classic racing veteran, Manxman Allan Brew will lead the team, contesting the 250cc and the Formula 2 Classic TT Races. Allan, one of the most respected riders on the Classic racing scene in the UK and Ireland, has already stood on the podium at the Manx Grand Prix, taking third place in the 2008 Senior Classic MGP Race.

Three modern day TT competitors join Allan in the YCRT line up, all contesting the new Formula 1 Classic TT Race. Steve Mercer, winner of the 2009 TT Newcomers award, will ride a YEC spec 750cc OW01 machine, whilst fastest ever American to lap the TT Course, Mark Miller, will ride a replica of fellow Californian Eddie Lawson’s 1986 Daytona 200 winning 0U45 works machine. Former British 125cc Champion and up and coming TT star Daniel Cooper completes the line up and will delight fans when he rides the superb 0W45 (TZ500) Yamaha two stroke machine.

The Yamaha Classic Racing Team is a permanent fixture on the international classic motorcycle scene, regularly taking part in prestigious parade events with Dutchman Brouwer’s unique collection of exotic Yamaha machinery. Regular riders on the YCRT bikes include World Champions such as Phil Read, Giacomo Agostini, Steve Baker, Dieter Braun, Kel Carruthers, and Carlos Lavado as well as GP racers Svend Andersson and Jos Schurgers. However the inaugural Classic TT in 2013 will be the team's first competitive racing outing.

As well as their racing efforts, the YCRT also plan on running a full line up of parade machines and riders at the Classic TT, details of which will be announced at the upcoming Motorcycle Live event at the Birmingham NEC.

[Image: ferrybrouwersbikes2.jpg]

Speaking about his teams racing debut, YCRT owner Ferry Brouwer said:

“It has been my dream for many years to see my bikes being raced and there is nowhere other than the Classic TT Races and the TT Mountain Course that I would do this. We believe the plans that are being developed for this event will capture the hearts and minds of classic racing fans all around the world, and become the world’s biggest event for classic racing motorcycles. We are therefore proud to be part of these exciting plans and can’t wait to get to the Island next August.”

“I am delighted with the line up of riders we have been able to secure and I am sure Allan, Steve, Mark and Dan will do an excellent job in representing our team in our competitive racing debut. 8 times World Champion Phil Read will be joining us as an advisor to the team and I am sure his unrivalled experience will be invaluable to all of our riders.

[Image: ferrybrouwersbikes3.jpg]

Trevor Hussey, Head of Motorsport, Isle of Man Government, commented:

"It is a real coup for the Classic TT races to have the commitment from this world renown team. Their participation gives the event real credibility in its first year and promises to be a great experience for classic racing fans."

14-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Website Find Reply