Ana Carrasco steps up to become first female in Moto3™
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ana Carrasco steps up to become first female in Moto3™
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

15-year-old Ana Carrasco has been confirmed as JHK t-shirt Laglisse’s latest signing as the Spanish youngster prepares for her World Championship debut in the Moto3™ class.

On Wednesday Carrasco already had a chance to try out her KTM machine around the Almeria circuit along with teammate Maverick Viñales, just one day after the Madrid-based team, led by Jaime Fernández Avilés, officially confirmed the rising star’s ride.

Whilst Viñales heads into his third season in the light-weight class with the aim of fighting for the title, Carrasco, who turns 16 next March, the mandatory age to take part in the Championship, will face a steep learning curve with the team that she scored points with on three occasions last year in the CEV Spanish Championship.

In her first outing with a standard KTM she already improved her personal best around the Almeria track by 1.2s, and is looking forward to when she gets to try the official bike at the beginning of February.

[Image: anacarasco1.jpg]
Ana Carrasco with the JHK T-Shirt LaGlisse bike.

Ana Carrasco

"I am very happy about this opportunity Jaime and my sponsors are giving me. To debut in the World Championship is the dream of every rider. I was not expecting it and I am very enthusiastic about it. I can’t wait to get into pre-season testing and do my first race. In Almeria I didn’t ride an official KTM, but the feeling I had with the standard bike was good and I'm pretty happy. The chassis is very different from what I've ridden this year and I rode over a second faster."

In 2011 she became the first female to score points in the CEV 125 Championship and this year will be the first female to make it into the new Moto3™ format.

23-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Website Find Reply