Cars.
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
Cars.
Any truth in the story I heard that the orginizers are to bring the Subaru laps back for the 2013 TT ?
29-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Cars.
The only thing around at the moment in relation to Cars at the TT is the following, which is an extract from a posting made by Trevor Hussey (Head of Motorsport, Department of Economic Development), in response to a few "critical" comments that were made on another forum.

Much is said about Subaru. The additional VIP spaces have nothing to do with Subaru; we are just using their cars provided as part of the sponsorship deal. If we didn't have a sponsorship deal with Subaru we would still need cars and would have sought a deal with someone else.

Car laps have NEVER been given priority over racing. They never will be. The Clerk of the Course has never been put under any pressure to run car laps at the expense of the races and has, in fact, acted to make sure this has not happened, with DED's full support.

If any TT marshal has any queries or concerns about any of these issues they should contact the TTMA, or me. Both of us will be very happy to listen to your concerns and respond.

Make of that what you will !!!

29-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Website Find Reply
dedhummm Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Cars.
(29-11-2012, 01:54 PM)Malcolm Wrote: The only thing around at the moment in relation to Cars at the TT is the following, which is an extract from a posting made by Trevor Hussey (Head of Motorsport, Department of Economic Development), in response to a few "critical" comments that were made on another forum.

Much is said about Subaru. The additional VIP spaces have nothing to do with Subaru; we are just using their cars provided as part of the sponsorship deal. If we didn't have a sponsorship deal with Subaru we would still need cars and would have sought a deal with someone else.

Car laps have NEVER been given priority over racing. They never will be. The Clerk of the Course has never been put under any pressure to run car laps at the expense of the races and has, in fact, acted to make sure this has not happened, with DED's full support.

If any TT marshal has any queries or concerns about any of these issues they should contact the TTMA, or me. Both of us will be very happy to listen to your concerns and respond.

Make of that what you will !!!

There will be Subaru laps then.
These are here to stay I feel either Subaru or another manufacturer. They obviously pay a great deal to 'provide' this sponsorship and if it helps with the levy on the Island tax payer Im all for it.

Dave
29-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Find Reply