Amor Launches Enduro Experience
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Amor Launches Enduro Experience
[Image: keithamorincyprus.jpg]

It’s been just over a year since Keith Amor announced his retirement from road racing due to injury but the Scottish ace hasn’t been idle and can now be found in Cyprus running ‘Enduro Paphos’, his own off road/adventure business.

Forced to quit the sport that took him to International road race victories at the North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix, as well as countless podiums at the Isle of Man TT, Amor relocated to the Greek island to start a new chapter in his life.

“The injuries all stemmed from what was a relatively innocuous crash at Quarter Bridge during practice for the 2011 TT. I somehow managed to race all season but I was in a lot of pain and had surgery on both shoulders at the end of that year, the right one requiring major reconstruction. In January 2012, the surgeon told me that I’d need further surgery on the right shoulder and there would be no guarantee it would be 100% again so I decided to retire as it wouldn’t have been fair on Honda, my employers, all of my sponsors, or anyone else connected to my racing career to carry on if I wasn’t fully fit. It happened sooner than I would have liked but its all history now!”

“My brother Guy moved to Cyprus at the end of 2010 to start a motorbike shop and I went over to visit him and take full advantage of the climate and get some good, off-season training in. We went out Enduro riding with some locals and I couldn’t believe how good it was so, when I retired, I decided to make the move full-time myself.”

Subsequently, Keith launched ‘Enduro Paphos’ in September last year, offering enduro adventures to both holiday makers and local clients. Using Honda CRF 250X Competition Enduro bikes, visitors can combine the holiday experience with the thrill of enduro riding whilst seasoned professionals can utilise the warm Mediterranean climate to aid their winter training.

“I’m out riding 4-5 times most weeks and I love every minute of it. Everything over here is done with a smile; there’s no-one to say you can’t do this and you can’t go there. It’s all about freedom and enjoyment. When you are sitting on your Enduro bike 2000 feet up a mountain, looking down at the Mediterranean, you soon realise why you stay here – it’s dirt bike heaven!”

Amor’s business is based near Coral Bay, which is just a few miles from the start of the Akamas National Park and the coastal scenery and terrain offers beginners and less experienced riders a great way to experience off road riding. The Paphos Forest and Troodos mountain range can also be reached and provide countless trails to suit riders of all experience, climbing as high as 4,600 feet above sea level and again providing breath-taking scenery.

Further details can be found at www.enduropaphos.com

24-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Website Find Reply