Rutter injured during shakedown test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rutter injured during shakedown test
[Image: hondalegendslogo.jpg]

Bathams Honda's Michael Rutter suffered an injury setback whilst testing with the Honda TT Legends team yesterday (Monday) ahead of his World Endurance Championship debut which he is combining with his MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship commitments.

Rutter crashed on the second day on track at Mireval circuit in France and following an x-ray has been diagnosed with a break at the base of the tibia and has returned to the UK for further treatment.

[Image: rutterinttlegends1.jpg]

Rutter said:

"It didn't feel too bad at first and I was walking around after the crash but we thought it was best to get an x-ray done just to be sure. That revealed a crack at the base of my tibia near the ankle joint. I was given crutches and a temporary cast so I can get back to the UK and get it sorted out. Hopefully it won't take too long to heal and I'll be back on the bike as soon as possible."

Bathams Honda Team Owner Ian Woollcott said:

"Whilst it wasn't in the script, first reports suggest that Michael has an uncomplicated injury and he will travel with the team to the first official test at Donington Park and be very much a part of our pre-season preparations."

05-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Website Find Reply