NEW TT MEMORABILIA AUCTION SITE GIVES FANS CHANCE TO OWN A PIECE OF TT HISTORY
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
NEW TT MEMORABILIA AUCTION SITE GIVES FANS CHANCE TO OWN A PIECE OF TT HISTORY
[Image: ttmonsterlogobig.jpg]

NEW TT MEMORABILIA AUCTION SITE GIVES FANS CHANCE TO OWN THEIR OWN PIECE OF TT HISTORY

The Isle of Man Government Department of Economic Development has launched a new memorabilia auction service that will allow fans to purchase unique and original items of TT memorabilia.

The memorabilia will give fans the chance to own pieces of TT race history. It will feature on an official TT section within 'eBay iomtt-com', called 'The TT Races Collection'. There will also be links to the site from the official TT website at http://www.iomtt.com.

[Image: ballaughsign.jpg]

The early items available on the auction site include the iconic orange directional signs from around the course, which are being replaced ahead of this year's races. Every one of these name boards is steeped in TT history and every one can tell a story of dramatic action, triumph, heartbreak, skill and bravery. In total there are approximately a hundred boards and all will be available to buy over the forthcoming months

The iconic mile markers, indicating each of the 37 iconic miles on the TT course can also be purchased. Other items available to buy include the some of the most recent official podium backdrops and the instantly recognisable yellow Shell fuel fillers used up until the mid 1980's.

Following this year's events fans will also be able to purchase a number of other unique items all featuring certificates of authenticity.

[Image: 14milesign.jpg] [Image: fuelcans.jpg]

All of the money generated by the sale of items in 'The TT Races Collection' will be invested back into the running of the Isle of Man TT Races.

(This post was last modified: 26-03-2013, 08:34 PM by Malcolm.)
26-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Website Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
RE: NEW TT MEMORABILIA AUCTION SITE GIVES FANS CHANCE TO OWN THEIR OWN PIECE OF TT HISTOR
I asked a high ranking IOM goverment /TT official a number of years ago about buying one of the old shell fuel "quick fillers" he told me that they had all been scraped some years before !!, so are the ones that they have for sale now, replicas ?
26-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: NEW TT MEMORABILIA AUCTION SITE GIVES FANS CHANCE TO OWN THEIR OWN PIECE OF TT HISTOR
Many were crushed because they leaked or had been irreparably damaged....

So from whence are these ones coming....

I have a BLUE mile marker (with permission) from years gone by (MCN days)

I don't think I could get many more "souvenirs" to fit in my loft...
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
27-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Website Find Reply