Differing plans for Rossi and Lorenzo
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Differing plans for Rossi and Lorenzo
[Image: yamaharacinghdr.jpg]

Strategies will vary for Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo as the pair of Yamaha Factory Racing riders head to Assen this weekend.

Rossi travels to The Netherlands more upbeat, having found a number of solutions during last week’s test session at MotorLand Aragon.

“I am very happy about the test in Aragon and I'm looking forward to going to Assen,” says the nine-time title winner. “The settings that we tested were positive and I now feel more feeling with the bike, especially when braking. For me it is an important step and I really want to try the new setup on another track.

“I hope that this improvement will help me also to get a better starting position as it is so important to make the best qualification possible. Assen is a great track, I love it and it brings to mind a lot of good memories. We'll try to leave this good feeling with the track and the bike to improve our results.”

Lorenzo’s aim is a further assault on Dani Pedrosa’s championship lead, with the reigning world champion having triumphed in the last two races.

“Well, I’m quite happy after winning at Mugello and also Montmelo - two important victories for both me and the team for the championship,” the Mallorcan begins. “We were in a very good shape these last two races and I feel stronger than ever and really hungry to win. I think we made quite a big step on the bike at the last two races, to get the consistency on race pace.

“Assen has always been my favourite track. I love the circuit, the history and its quick and very flowing nature, but also I love the landscape and the ambience and I have always liked the country. I am very motivated to go there and try to keep up this run of winning - even more so after our good tests at Barcelona and Aragon, when we achieved some improvements for the future.”

Prior to the upcoming seventh round of the campaign, Lorenzo sits just seven points behind championship leader Pedrosa (Repsol Honda Team) whereas Rossi is fifth in the standings and 11 points in arrears of Cal Crutchlow (Monster Yamaha Tech 3).

26-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Website Find Reply