MILWAUKEE YAMAHA LINE UP BRIDEWELL FOR THE MCE BSB SHOWDOWN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MILWAUKEE YAMAHA LINE UP BRIDEWELL FOR THE MCE BSB SHOWDOWN
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha have stepped in ahead of this weekend’s MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship round at Assen to sign Tommy Bridewell to join the 2011 title-winning team for the final three rounds of the Showdown.

The team already have their position in the Showdown confirmed with James Ellison and after it looked like Bridewell’s season had ended prematurely the team have sensationally lined up the double podium finisher to join them this weekend. Bridewell has showed his impressive pace in recent rounds, mixing with the lead pack and proving that he can be a regular podium contender. The Devizes rider has meteorically risen up the standings over the past three rounds and in the last seven races, only Shane Byrne, Alex Lowes and Josh Brookes have eclipsed his points haul.

Bridewell said:

“I need to thank Shaun Muir and Milwaukee Yamaha team for this incredible lifeline that they have given me and I am over the moon to be in this position and riding for such an established and respected team. Without a shadow of a doubt Shaun’s team is one of the strongest in the BSB paddock and this is what I have worked so hard all my life for. I have had a strong run of results recently and I hope that I can do a good job because believe me I am grabbing this opportunity with both hands! I feel I have grown as a rider over the past seasons and I now I just need to move forward, progress and to do the best job I can for Milwaukee Yamaha.”

Team owner Shaun Muir concluded:

“We have reached a critical time in the season now and every point will count towards the championship. James obviously has his position inside the top six and for us the second rider in the team at this stage needs to be acting as a wingman and upsetting the results for the other riders in the Showdown. It has been a difficult season for Josh and despite the best efforts, the results haven’t been forthcoming and we cannot afford to be losing valuable points now. We have mutually agreed that we need to change the line up for this weekend and with Tommy becoming available this is the ideal opportunity for him to play a huge part in the outcome of the championship and utilise our second bike to its full potential.”

18-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

RE: MILWAUKEE YAMAHA LINE UP BRIDEWELL FOR THE MCE BSB SHOWDOWN
[Image: tommybridewelllogo.jpg]

Tommy Bridewell - Statement

Further to today's news announcing that Tommy Bridewell will ride for Milwaukee Yamaha for the remainder of the 2013 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship season commencing with the first of the Showdown rounds at Assen this forthcoming weekend, Tommy wishes to comment as follows:

"I wish to thank Martin Halsall and the entire Halsall Racing Kawasaki team for the opportunity to race their bike at the previous three rounds of the 2013 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship meetings. The results that were achieved in such a short space of time were absolutely brilliant and it was a real team effort for which I'm truly grateful. Thanks to my team and to Lee Costello too, I wish them a safe and successful remainder of the season.

"We now move on and this is a brand new chapter for me and I'm very much looking forward to working with Shaun Muir and his team for the Showdown rounds. The Milwaukee Yamaha is an excellent motorbike and I'm relishing the opportunity of working with a British Championship winning team alongside James Ellison."

18-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

RE: MILWAUKEE YAMAHA LINE UP BRIDEWELL FOR THE MCE BSB SHOWDOWN
[Image: halsallracinglogo.jpg]

Statement from Martin Halsall

Ahead of the Assen round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Martin Halsall Racing Kawasaki has released the following statement.

The statement from Martin Halsall is as follows:

"We can confirm today that Tommy Bridewell will be withdrawn from Round ten at the TT Circuit Assen.

"Lee Costello is not affected by the team changes and will be running for Halsall Racing at the Dutch circuit this weekend.

"We have been extremely pleased with the performance of Tommy Bridewell over the recent BSB rounds. He is an extremely talented rider, who has truly demonstrated the capability of our bikes and proved that we are contenders for the championship in 2014. While I am encouraged by our performances, I have had to evaluate the situation carefully following discussions with Tommy. Our overnight success with two recent podiums has effectively elevated Tommy and his value as a rider in both the domestic and world stage, to the point where he has received potential offers to ride for other teams.

"The costs associated with operating a team in British Superbikes remain high and while I am confident that Halsall Racing will be operating a two man team for next year, we just need to assess our current position carefully. I can confirm that we will be running with Lee Costello in 2014 and I look forward to continuing the development and relationship I have built with Lee from Superstock into BSB. He is a talented rider and I stand by the commitments I have made to Lee and appreciate the dedication that he has shown to me during his time at Halsall Racing.

"We have received approaches from other riders, who would like to take our second bike next year in BSB and we are assessing those options with the individuals concerned. We will obviously make further announcements in due course. It is with a heavy heart that I have made this decision and wish Tommy every success in whatever option he chooses to take for the future. He has proved his capability and I am sure that he has evaluated his options to ensure he has the best opportunity for future success. I would like to extend my thanks to him personally for the success he has achieved with the team over the last few rounds."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

18-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Website Find Reply