Triangle favourite Bruce Anstey has confidence in victory bid
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Triangle favourite Bruce Anstey has confidence in victory bid
[Image: ansteywithpadgettsbike1.jpg]

Bruce Anstey is confident of his chances of returning to the top step at the Vauxhall International North West 200,
for the first time in seven years next month.

The experienced Kiwi last tasted success on the Triangle course in 2007, notching a treble on the Relentless TAS Suzuki machines.

Anstey has finished on the podium at each of the major international road races at least once in the past 11 seasons and is focused on preserving that remarkable record as he targets a victory on the Valvoline Padgett’s Honda machines.

The naturally talented New Zealander, who turns 44 in August, twice finished on the rostrum at the North West in 2013, giving Alastair Seeley a run for his money in the Superstock race and taking the runner-up spot in the rain-lashed Supersport event behind Michael Dunlop.

“I definitely want to keep that record going,” Anstey said. “I was on the podium twice last season and I want to be back up there again this year.

“I feel really fit at the moment and I think I have good bikes in every class so I have a good chance in every race.

“The weather has made things difficult at the North West in the past couple of years but on a good day there is a great atmosphere and good racing,”
he added.

“We just need some sunshine this year and there will be good close racing in every class.”

Anstey will line up in six races at the North West in the Supersport, Superstock and Superbike classes. He will be joined on the new-look Valvoline-backed machines by John McGuinness for the 600cc and Superstock races, with McGuinness switching to the Honda Motor Europe Fireblade for the Superbike races.

Twelve years ago Anstey turned heads with a victorious debut in the Production race after a battle with the late David Jefferies and the North West has remained a special race for the much-liked international road racing star ever since.

“From day one I liked the place,” said Anstey, who expects Carrick man Seeley to take all the beating once again this year.

“The Honda won’t be the fastest bike out there and that makes it harder to win races at the North West.

“Alastair Seeley will be hard to beat on the Mar-Train bikes this year but there are loads of others who are capable of winning. I think we will be in there at the finish though.”

Practice for the Vauxhall International North West gets under way on Tuesday, May 13 from 9.15am-2.45pm and continues with final qualifying on Thursday, May 15 from 9.15am-2.45pm.

The first three races will be held on the Thursday evening, with roads closing again from 5.15pm-9pm.

On race day, Saturday, May 17, roads will close at 9.30am sharp for a five race programme including both Superbike races, which will be held over the extra distance of seven laps of the 8.9-mile circuit this year.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
19-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Website Find Reply