Brookes ‘ready to go for it’ again at Knockhill
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes ‘ready to go for it’ again at Knockhill
[Image: brookespreknockhill.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha rider Josh Brookes vows to fight back at Knockhill in Scotland this weekend (27/28/29 June), after pushing to the limit and beyond at Snetterton and crashing out of the battle for victory in race two.

Brookes diced with arch rival Shane 'Shakey' Byrne throughout the Snetterton weekend, finishing second to him in the opening race in Norfolk and then putting up a fight in the second race he was launched off the Milwaukee Yamaha on the exit of Montreal corner. Brookes lost second place in the points standings to James Ellison in the overall standings but is feeling determined ahead of the weekend.

Brookes said:

"I am fine after the Snetterton crash and have no injuries at all so this weekend is business as usual. I think it so down to me and then how Shakey rides. I don't have expectations because if you look at the form from last year, everything has moved on so much. For example if you use last year at Snetterton as a gauge, I beat Shakey but this year that changed. I was expecting us to be neck-and-neck though and that's how we have been.

"At Snetterton we made improvements between race one and two but because of the crash I don't feel like we have finished that chapter of whether it was a big improvement; it helped me go faster at the start but I feel like we need to close that off first. We have been working with the shock setting and I think we need to do some more comparisons in different situations to see what works best in the different conditions.

"I am going to use my head a little bit more this weekend. At Snetterton I could have waited until the end of the race to try and make the move and it might have worked. But then I suppose if you look at Oulton Park I made it straight away and then won the race so it all depends on the situation. I have watched the last race back a couple of times and think perhaps I should have waited, but if the chance is there and I see it this weekend, I will go for it."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
24-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Website Find Reply