VOLTCOM CRESCENT SUZUKI READY FOR PORTIMAO
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
VOLTCOM CRESCENT SUZUKI READY FOR PORTIMAO
[Image: voltcomsuzukilogo2014.jpg]

Voltcom Crescent Suzuki returns to Portimao in Portugal this week for the eighth round of the eni FIM Superbike World Championship at the Autódromo Internacional do Algarve.

Having visited the 4,592m Portuguese circuit for successful pre-season testing in January, both Eugene Laverty and Alex Lowes are looking forward to returning to the Algarve on their Yoshimura-powered GSX-R’s. Recording both a fastest lap and a race win during each of his last two appearances at the track, Laverty is looking forward to tackling the rollercoaster circuit aboard his Suzuki machine despite carrying an injury to his foot exacerbated in the opening race at Misano last time out.

Lowes is confident he can revive the synergy discovered with Portimao on his debut visit during the team’s pre-season testing at the start of the year and is looking forward to continuing to challenge as his rookie season develops.

Situated on Portugal’s south-west corner, 80kms from Faro, the Autódromo Internacional do Algarve has been on the Superbike World Championship calendar since its inception in 2008. The high-speed, fast and flowing circuit embraces continuous changes in both direction and elevation throughout its 15-corner modern layout and provides what many consider to be one of the finest and most challenging racing tracks on the calendar.

Voltcom Crescent Suzuki begins its Portuguese test on Friday July 4th with two 45-minute free practice sessions scheduled for 11:45BST and 15:30BST respectively. Saturday’s Superpole qualifying will begin at 15:00BST while Sunday’s races commence at 12:00BST and 15:00BST.

Eugene Laverty:

"In one respect I'm excited about Portimao because I believe that we are capable of fighting for the win. However, I re-injured my foot during race one at Misano so I'm not quite 100% fit at the moment. Portimao is a circuit where the rider can make a real difference and I have a lot of experience there. My Voltcom Crescent Suzuki crew is working hard to improve my feeling with the GSX-R and we won't give up until we reach that top step of the podium again."

Alex Lowes:

“I had a lot of confidence with the Suzuki GSX-R after the Portimao tests at the start of the year so I’m looking forward to getting back out there with race experience under my belt. It’s a great track and I gelled with it quickly in January so I’m hoping we can get up to speed in a similar way on Friday and challenge at the front this weekend.”

02-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Website Find Reply