Jamie Hamilton ruled out of Southern 100 after Skerries crash
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jamie Hamilton ruled out of Southern 100 after Skerries crash
[Image: jamiehamiltonatskerries.jpg]
Jamie Hamilton leads Dan Kneen in the Grand Final at the Skerries 100

Ballyclare’s Jamie Hamilton has been ruled out of the Southern 100 at Billown on the Isle of Man after sustaining a spate of injuries in a crash at the AXA Bikecare Skerries 100.

The 23-year-old was battling for the lead of the Grand Final race with Manx rider Dan Kneen when he came off on the final lap at the chicane.

Initial reports suggested Hamilton had suffered a shoulder injury, but on Sunday night the Wilson Craig Honda rider revealed the full extent of his injuries.

Speaking from his bed in Dublin’s Beaumont Hospital, Hamilton - who won the Open and Supertwin races - told the News Letter: “I broke my pelvis and one of my ribs, I cracked my sternum and dislocated my shoulder and plus I’ve got bruising around my lungs.

“Initially they thought I might be here for two or three weeks but now it looks like I might be getting home tomorrow or Tuesday.

“It was just a racing incident; it was the last lap and myself and Dan were just going for the same bit of tarmac and I came off the worst. Dan was in no way to blame and it was just one of those things,”
he added.

“It couldn’t have come at a worse time because I was feeling good and riding well, but that’s the ups and downs of motorbike racing.”

The Grand Final was red-flagged as a result of the incident with Kneen taking the win on the Cookstown B.E. Racing Suzuki ahead of Skerries man Michael Sweeney and Derek Sheils on the CD Racing Kawasaki.

Hamilton had earlier won the Open race by one-and-a-half seconds from Sheils, with Sweeney taking third.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
07-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Website Find Reply