REID INKS NEW DEAL WITH SHAUN MUIR RACING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
REID INKS NEW DEAL WITH SHAUN MUIR RACING
[Image: smrlogo.gif]

Shaun Muir Racing (SMR) are delighted to announce a new two-year agreement with Andy Reid for the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

The new deal comes ahead of the Brands Hatch round of the season with the Northern Irish contender currently leading the Pirelli National Superstock 600 Championship by 37 points. Reid has had an impressive start to his championship campaign, taking three victories and a total of four podium finishes from the five races so far this year.

Reid said:

“It is a slightly surreal feeling and it hasn’t quite sunk in yet. I have been given a great stage to show what I can do and SMR feel I have the potential which gives me even more confidence. The team are behind me all the way and they really believe in what I can do on track. This is my chance to progress and use this as a stepping stone within the SMR team and I am super happy that we have been able to sign for them at this period in the season which takes away that pressure, so I can continue to focus on winning the championship this year.”

Team owner Shaun Muir said:

“I have been very impressed with Andy since we started working with him and he has continued to prove that he is a very talented rider. I have been watching him closely and he has the potential to be a star of the future - he is a young rider with lots of ambition and we are happy to confirm that we will continue working with him for the next two seasons.

“We would like to see Andy continue to develop as a rider and progress over the coming seasons, with the ultimate goal of him lining up in the premier class on the MCE British Superbike Championship grid.”

20-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Website Find Reply