Jamie Hamilton aiming to ride at Ulster GP despite injuries
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jamie Hamilton aiming to ride at Ulster GP despite injuries
[Image: jamiehamiltonatskerries2.jpg]

Jamie Hamilton is confident he can shake off the injuries he suffered in his crash at the Skerries 100 to mount a challenge at the Ulster Grand Prix.

Hamilton, 23, broke his pelvis, cracked his sternum, dislocated his shoulder and suffered bruising to his lungs following his Skerries accident.

"When I start reading the list of injuries I realise I probably shouldn't be standing here," said Hamilton.

"I certainly didn't expect to feel so good this quickly."

Hamilton suffered the accident after a coming together with Dan Kneen in the final race of the day at the Dublin meeting.

However, Hamilton has said that the crash was "no-one's fault" as he hopes to make his return to action this weekend at Armoy before competing at the Ulster Grand Prix meeting which takes place from 11-16 August.

"The plan now is just to pass the medical and get out at Armoy. If I feel good after practice I'll definitely be racing again," he added.

"I was competitive last year [at the Ulster Grand Prix] with my first 130mph lap and I'm coming off the back of some strong results so I can hopefully wipe this accident aside and still be fast.

"After we came back from the TT we really had the bikes sorted and I was riding the best I've ever been, so hopefully I can pick that up again."

[Image: bbcsport.gif]
22-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Website Find Reply