Kirkham and Halsall Biker Gear Kawasaki looking to carry momentum to speedy Thruxton
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kirkham and Halsall Biker Gear Kawasaki looking to carry momentum to speedy Thruxton
[Image: jonkirkhamatknockhill.jpg]

The Halsall Biker Gear Kawasaki team heads south this weekend for the sixth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Thruxton, where Jon Kirkham will be looking to carry forward momentum gained at Brands Hatch after achieving the team’s best result of the season so far.

The Bolton-based squad and Kirkham made constant progress at Brands Hatch two weeks ago, culminating in Kirkham’s first two points finishes with the team. Jon took thirteenth in the first Superbike race at the Kent circuit before going on to score an impressive sixth place in wet conditions in the second, leaving the team in positive spirits ahead of their trip to Hampshire this weekend.

Kirkham is confident the Halsall Biker Gear Kawasaki will take well to the 2.35 mile Thruxton circuit, the fastest circuit on the British Superbike calendar.

Jon Kirkham:

"I've had some decent results at Thruxton so I’m looking forward to getting out there this weekend. I think the Halsall Biker Gear Kawasaki will work well around there so we’ll see what we can do! I was really pleased with sixth last time out at Brands and I think the bike has the potential for a result like that in the dry, I just need to adapt to it a little more. Each track we’ve been to has been completely new for us but now I’m starting to learn what to expect from the bike, so it should be a good weekend."

Jack Valentine, Team Manager:

"We’re looking forward to getting out at Thruxton this weekend. We’ve a few more upgrades for the bike which should give Jon a bit more feel and grip. We’ve got a good base set-up now and everything was working well at Brands. Thruxton is an extremely fast circuit at which you need to find the compromise between the bike absorbing the bumps and still handling well enough to maintain the high speeds. Jon’s getting more confident with the bike each time he goes out so we’ll be looking for a couple of strong results this weekend."

30-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Website Find Reply