Espargaro and Smith ready to surge high in Brno
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Espargaro and Smith ready to surge high in Brno
[Image: tech3greenhdr.jpg]

Monster Yamaha Tech3 riders Pol Espargaro and Bradley Smith will this week contest the 11th round of the 2014 MotoGP World Championship at the picturesque Brno circuit as the paddock returns to Europe. The race action will resume instantly from the previous roundwith the MotoGP ensemble heading straight to the bwin Grand Prix České republiky from America where both riders fully intend to continue their positive starts to the second half of the season. 

The Czech Republic round is firm fan and rider favourite with its roots in motorcycle racing stretching back as far as the 1930’s where events took place on the public roads in the surrounding area before the Automotodrom Brno’s construction in 1987. The undulating, fast flowing track is built in a natural amphitheatre and the asphalt flicks between six left corners and eight right with various changes in elevation at the impressive 5403 meter circuit.

Pol Espargaro will once again be aiming to battle the factory MotoGP bikes after finishing as the leading satellite bikefor the second time this year with a 5th placed finish at Indianapolis as well as inching towards the elusive debut podium. Britain’s Bradley Smith, who heroically brought his Yamaha YZR-M1 home in 6th despite a finger injury which was sustained in the qualifying practice in America, will be aiming to build upon his result and go one higher to challenge inside the top five in Sunday’s 22 lap sprint.

Bradley Smith

"After a good summer break it was decent way to commence the second half of the seasonwith a 6th placed finish in Indy as this is where I need to be. There is no rest this time as we are straight back to Europe for Brno, which I am really fired up for and where I will once again be doing my best to get close to the factory MotoGP bikes. My finger is healing gradually and as always I will be giving my all to get a top result in the Czech Republic with my confidence high. I qualified well last year where I achieved my joint highest qualifying result of my rookie year in 6th and even though the race didn’t go to plan, this year I am aiming to continue the good form found at Indianapolis. The fast sweeping corners of Brno should suit the Yamaha YZR-M1’s character, so I hope to qualify in the top six and then really go for it on Sunday."

Pol Espargaro

"The first thing I must say is that it was good to finish Indy with a strong result after the summer break. I am feeling more confident every time I run with the Yamaha YZR-M1 and for round 11 in the Czech republic, I intend to step it up further. The Brno circuit is great fun to ride especially with the hills and flowing corners, so for me I am very excited to see what the Yamaha and I can do here this weekend with my results at Brno being good in the past, including qualifying on the front row here last year in Moto2. At beyond the mid point of this season I am still learning although enjoying myself a lot so for sure, it will be a long race where we will have to work hard to get everything set up for a strong qualifying on Saturday then the Grand Prix on Sunday, but I can’t wait to get going and ride the hills at Brno!"

12-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Website Find Reply