Tech3 duo to take on battle in Britain at speedy Silverstone
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Tech3 duo to take on battle in Britain at speedy Silverstone
[Image: tech3greenhdr.jpg]

Monster Yamaha Tech3 riders Pol Espargaro and Bradley Smith will contest in the 12th round of the 2014 MotoGP World Championship at the world famous Silverstone circuit this weekend, as they aim to fly high and clinch leading satellite team honours.

The historic 5900 metre Silverstone circuit was built in 1948 on the grounds of a former airfield and has become a staple fixture for motorsport events. A revamp in 2010 where the track was altered, led to the circuit been praised for being one of the fastest tracks on the calendar coupled with expert facilities. It’s eight left corners and ten right turns, as well as the 770 metre hangar straight all link together and will test the riders to their limits in the 20 lap British MotoGP round on Sunday.

Rookie Pol Espargaro will forcefully continue his impressive debut season assault in the premier class at 13:00 UK time on Sunday. Currently, the reigning Moto2 World Champion’s notable form has seen him produce some fantastically executed results and he will once again be aiming to close in on the factory riders and rocket to an inspiring finish. Meanwhile, local hero Bradley Smith will relish the forthcoming event where he intends to produce a superb display on home turf in front of his fans. Having qualified as the leading Yamaha at the previous round and then concluding a positive test after the race, Smith optimistically looks forward to the event with his sights firmly set on breaking the top five riders.

Pol Espargaro - Championship : 7th Points : 78

"I cant wait to get going at Silverstone this week as the circuit is great fun to ride. It was a disappointing end to the last race in Brno, but I have moved on and here I will grit my teeth as I remain determined in closing in on the factory bikes. There are some great memories for me from this racetrack, with my favourite being winning the Moto2 race two years ago from pole position. There could be a bit of rain during this weekend, but now I have some experience under my belt with wet weather conditions so I will be ready for anything. We worked a lot on my riding style at the Brno test and I have learnt a lot more, with the key being to remain smooth especially at a circuit like Silverstone. I am looking forward to riding the YZR-M1 around the quick track and then seeing what we can do on Sunday."

Bradley Smith - Championship : 10th Points : 65

"It goes without saying that I am very much looking forward to this weekend which is a big event for me and I am proud to be able to ride at this great circuit, in front of the passionate British crowd. The home race is always a special occasion for any rider and at a racetrack as historical and fast as Silverstone, Sunday will be one to remember as always. I’ve had some great results here in the past such as the 2nd position in 2011 for the Tech3 Racing Moto2 Team and with the Yamaha winning here last year I am confident of fighting to get a great finish to make the crowd cheer. We had a really good post GP test in Brno and found some useful information which will certainly aid us in the race. So, I am fired up and ready to do my best in front of my family, friends, sponsors and the fans!"

Hervé Poncharal - Team manager :

"Now it’s time to head to the British GP at Silverstone, which we are all excited for. We will be looking to achieve strong performances across the whole weekend and are confident that both riders can do this by getting two great finishes at Silverstone. It will be a big event for Bradley at his home race, but we know he’s up for the fight and will make sure the British fans can smile on Sunday evening. The pressure is off Bradley now, so we look forward to seeing what he will be able to do in the race. As for Pol, he is doing a great job so far this year and despite an unfortunate result last time out, he rode well in the test to learn as much as possible. We know he’ll use that knowledge at the fast Silverstone track where he’ll be looking to get closer to the front. It was a nice weekend in terms of weather last year and no one wants a wet race but the forecast is a bit uncertain for this week. Still, we’ll do our best as always and aim for the top satellite team as usual so that we remain in a strong position in the team championship standings."

27-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Website Find Reply