John McPhee storms to second on Malaysian GP grid
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
John McPhee storms to second on Malaysian GP grid
[Image: johnmcpheesepang1.jpg]

The flyaway races seem to inspire young Brit John McPhee.

Already in FP3 he set a new lap record for the circuit in Sepang. Moreover, he was the fastest rider in this session. With Efren in fifth place, the team could be satisfied.

In qualifying, it seemed like John would be able to hold on to the pole position until the end. The Australian Jack Miller however, still could surpass John in the penultimate round, while also snatching the lap record away again.

Nevertheless, a fantastic performance by John McPhee and another front row start for him tomorrow.

Hopefully Sepang will bring as much luck to both John and teammate Efren as the Phillip Island circuit did last week.

John McPhee

I am really happy with the result. Already in FP3 we finished with a good laptime. So I was very confident in qualifying. With position two I am really happy. I wanted to get onto the first two rows. Now I have to focus for tomorrow to have a good race.

[Image: johnmcpheelogo.jpg]

25-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: John McPhee storms to second on Malaysian GP grid
[Image: johnmcpheesepang2.jpg]

Cruel end to fantastic Sepang weekend for John McPhee

It was a cruel and heartbreaking end to the Malaysian GP for Saxoprint-RTG rider John McPhee when he crashed out on the last lap whilst challenging for the podium.

Having been dropped off the start line, John very quickly regained position and spent the whole race in the leading group trading positions and reaching as high as 2nd place.

Only two-tenths off the lead at the end of the penultimate lap, John was challenging as hard as ever when he crashed early in the final lap.

Whilst John is naturally disappointed with the outcome, he can nonetheless be heartened by his brilliantly strong performance across the weekend as a whole.

Now it’s on to Valencia in two weeks for the final race of the 2014 season.

John McPhee

“I am really disapointed with the finish in the race. We had a strong weekend. Allways up in the front. But it was my own mistake. I came in to the last lap on first position. Than some rider went wide and pushed me to the outside. I fell back on seventh position. I wanted to fight back and go to the front again. Than I did a mistake and crashed. This happens. It is part of the learning. I will take all these experiences to Valencia and hope to finish the season with a good race.”

[Image: johnmcpheelogo.jpg]
26-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Website Find Reply