IOMTT Forum Closure
Kursaal Flyer Offline

Threads: 37
RE: IOMTT Forum Closure
(22-11-2014, 10:50 PM)Amsterdam Wrote:
(22-11-2014, 10:45 PM)Redog Wrote: Glad you made it over Amstel.
Now if we can just get Eddy to figure out his Avatar. . . . . . . . .

Thanks, always nice to be appreciated...

Creating new avatar:
Well, what I did is go to the old tt form, click on your own name, so you get to your profile page,
then click right mouse on your picture and choose safe a copy.
name a file where the photo will be saved to and confirm with the safe button
next open this new web site, go to User CP top left
choose change avatar, somewhere down the middle
new profile page opens, choose browse file location and click your picture
next click change avatar.
bob's your uncle!

My avatar will not load up . it says it to large , but further down the page it says it will automactically resize it ! Any ideas .
24-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Website Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
im having similar problems if i get a picture small enough to be accepted the quality is too bad to use
20kb is the limit so trying to reduce a high quality image by the methords i know is proving impossible
any good ideas or guide lines would be most welcome
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
24-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
If you save your avatar picture from the 'other site' it will save as a bitmap file, that wont load. You need to resave is as a JPEG file and try it again. The resizing function does not seem to work.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
24-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Find Reply
Amsterdam Offline

Threads: 1
(24-11-2014, 10:40 AM)Kursaal Flyer Wrote:

Creating new avatar:
Well, what I did is go to the old tt form, click on your own name, so you get to your profile page,
bob's your uncle!

My avatar will not load up . it says it to large , but further down the page it says it will automactically resize it ! Any ideas .

Hi Kursaal,
Above method I describe should work with your old Forum avatar, that one had already been downsized. If problems prevail, google zamzar, who do file size convertions, or try and convert and downsize with picasa.
24-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Find Reply
cpt_pants Offline
Banned

Threads: 3
Microsoft office has a function to resize an image, if you are using it.
24-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Find Reply
panman Offline

Threads: 10
(24-11-2014, 07:52 AM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote: Hi Chris!
Have been wrong side of the Pennines for the weekend, so I apologise if this has been posted!
Has anyone noticed? They are still getting new members at t'other place? Icon_confused

Interesting Mark. I thought I'd do a test and was able to create a new account:
[Image: old_forum.jpg]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Route 66 Blog: www.thehandys.co.uk/blog 
24-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Website Find Reply
Kursaal Flyer Offline

Threads: 37
got there in the end , not a computer boff , but ended up I e mailed the old avatar to myself then saved it on my desk top then uploaded to there from here. Icon_cool
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2014, 04:13 PM by Kursaal Flyer.)
24-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Website Find Reply
studiosoft Offline

Another migrant has landed - thanks for accepting my application.
I thought I had lot my contact with the biking world.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am going as fast as I want.
24-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Website Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
(24-11-2014, 12:30 PM)Kursaal Flyer Wrote: got there in the end , not a computer boff , but ended up I e mailed the old avatar to myself then saved it on my desk top then uploaded to here from there. Icon_cool
thanks for the tip
although it was still too large after emailing i reduced it by other methords id tried before and got there in the end
also thanks to our new hero malcolm for the offer to sort it for me if i sent him a copy
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
24-11-2014, 01:32 PM
Find Reply
badlyoverdrawnboy Offline

Threads: 2
Yipee think I've made it - thanks Malcolm

One of the reasons that DED probably killed the old forum is that with facebook they have loads more ways of making dosh out of posters - as soon as you enter anything on there you are tracked and advertised to - I put in my profile I liked miles davis and carole king and get about 10 spam entries a day flogging their stuff, I also was hunting for a cooker recently - bought one then have been plagued ever since by pop up cooker adds.

One thing they haven't thought of is that its quite difficult to control postings on facebook and they will have an awful job sensoring stuff - come TT week we could have a field day with live utube vids etc - one good point is I won't be logging on again so I will avoid the inane PR speak, BS announcements (Norton win an award for building a bitza worse than the doner bike) adverts for watches nobody had ever heard of (cept some chavs from Morecombe for a week or so!) It will be really good to be on a site with a proper moderator to keep the trolls out, will make a difference from the dopey half wit thought police on the other site

I hope the right honourable, his lordship, sir Gary Thompson VC, DFC, OBE, MBE etc pops on here and keeps everyone onboard (pun intended!) long may he reign.

Andy
25-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Find Reply
studiosoft Offline

(25-11-2014, 11:40 AM)badlyoverdrawnboy Wrote: Yipee think I've made it - thanks Malcolm

One of the reasons that DED probably killed the old forum is that with facebook they have loads more ways of making dosh out of posters - as soon as you enter anything on there you are tracked and advertised to - I put in my profile I liked miles davis and carole king and get about 10 spam entries a day flogging their stuff, I also was hunting for a cooker recently - bought one then have been plagued ever since by pop up cooker adds.

One thing they haven't thought of is that its quite difficult to control postings on facebook and they will have an awful job sensoring stuff - come TT week we could have a field day with live utube vids etc - one good point is I won't be logging on again so I will avoid the inane PR speak, BS announcements (Norton win an award for building a bitza worse than the doner bike) adverts for watches nobody had ever heard of (cept some chavs from Morecombe for a week or so!) It will be really good to be on a site with a proper moderator to keep the trolls out, will make a difference from the dopey half wit thought police on the other site

I hope the right honourable, his lordship, sir Gary Thompson VC, DFC, OBE, MBE etc pops on here and keeps everyone onboard (pun intended!) long may he reign.

Andy

I don't see how Facebook can even come close to offering the functionality of a proper forum. If you have ever tried to find archived stuff on there you will soon realise that it is just not up to the job. Even posts from last week are lost in the mists of time.

I am so glad that we don't have chavs in Morecambe as they all seem to live in a town with a similar name - lucky us.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am going as fast as I want.
25-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Website Find Reply
JAT Offline

Threads: 5
Hello,
Another from the other forum that is no more. To be honest I never knew about this forum, so thanks for letting me in.
JAT
25-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Find Reply
sinisterdexter Offline

Threads: 2
Just finding my feet here now... got the Avatar sorted, got the signature sorted.
Having had a look around I can't help thinking I wish I'd moved here ages ago.
How's life??? Better than the alternative.

25-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

Wink  RE: IOMTT Forum Closure
Made it over too
25-11-2014, 04:25 PM
Find Reply
Redog Offline
Banned

Eddy, I sent you a PM
25-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Find Reply
ooobaby Offline

Threads: 0

Creating new avatar:
bob's your uncle!
25-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Find Reply
ooobaby Offline

Amsterdam:

Thanks for that!!!! It worked swimmingly once I figured how to get into my personal info on the old site. Without your help this technological dinosaur would never have figured out how to move my Avatar to this site. Another bonus is that now my Avatar is on my new computer. When my old computer crashed and burned it took my Avatar with it.

You rock!

Something I like better about this site already is that you can choose to change pages from either the top or bottom of a page. The old site I think you could only do it by scrolling all the way to the bottom of a page.
25-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Find Reply
Amsterdam Offline

(25-11-2014, 08:35 PM)ooobaby Wrote: Amsterdam:

Thanks for that!!!!  It worked swimmingly once I figured how to get into my personal info on the old site.  Without your help this technological dinosaur would never have figured out how to move my Avatar to this site.  Another bonus is that now my Avatar is on my new computer.  When my old computer crashed and burned it took my Avatar with it.

You rock!

Something I like better about this site already is that you can choose to change pages from either the top or bottom of a page.  The old site I think you could only do it by scrolling all the way to the bottom of a page.

Ah, glad to be of help! My laptop crashed several weeks back, it is indeed a pain in the neck. Lost good company photo's too and needed some for CV, the Greek holliday shots would not do for that and then when old Forum closed I thought ow... right the avatar... yeah... so I worked that one out. Nice to hear it is helpful to others.
25-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Find Reply
GD IOM Offline
Just Getting Started

Another new member from the other, now non-existent forum.

Thanks for the authorisation Malcolm...Off to have a look around now.

Gav
26-11-2014, 09:42 AM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
(22-11-2014, 02:43 AM)Sam Pato Wrote: Took some minor pleasure in deleting the short cut to the old forum.  

This was tempered by finding out Don Simons had died - I still owe him dinner.  

Also found a PM from 6 years ago that I didn't know about :-).

Good to see so many familiar names and the forum warming up. Hopefully Malcolm can capitalise on this new found popularity somehow - at least enough for it to be worth the extra aggro.

Sam
Hi Sam, I had a photo stored somewhere with you and Don having dinner, enjoying a couple of wines. Photo probably taken in Queensland. That must be the dinner you owe him. We had some fun in the old days trying to predict TT winners whilst sitting at the old computers in Oz time We miss Don so much.
26-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Find Reply