Photo posting
tatuus Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Photo posting
[Image: DSC_13251_zps3889d014.jpg]

Followed your instructions Eddy, worked a treat
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 12:21 PM by Malcolm.)
08-12-2014, 11:38 AM
Find Reply
tatuus Offline

[Image: DSC_12011_zps3972ccc1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 11:57 AM by Malcolm.)
08-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Find Reply
ericcane Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 7
 Malcolm.Just trying a test post.I tried posting one the other night and I know you had to modify it.Is this one o.k. for size.I'm not exactly an expert at this resizing photo thing.
[Image: 3sisters020_zps9bba9403.jpg]
03-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Find Reply
Shooie Offline

Some great teknicle ... errm... tecnikal.. ermm... cleva stuff posted about posting posts. Jeez I just about put up a fence with all those "posts".. lol

Being serious.. My question is:- Is there a way of "protecting" pic's posted in here? By protecting I mean stop them being copied and maybe, just maybe, used by some unscrupulous ne'er-do-wells for financial gain??
Not that I have any IoM TT pic's worth anything... Mine are from the 1970's and were taken on a Zenith B (a cheap and well know Russian excuse for a camera)

Just curious.
05-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
No, I am afraid there is nothing on the site that could possibly prevent illegal copying of peoples uploaded photographs.

Irrespective of what you try to do, there is always someone out there who will go to extreme lengths to get what he/she wants.

People should try and imprint a digital signature (watermarking), within their photographs before placing them on the Internet, as this remains one way of tracing and proving that the original has been "stolen".

Advice on doing this can be found from various sources via the Search Engines.

Malcolm
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2015, 05:42 PM by Malcolm.)
06-02-2015, 05:40 PM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
I use a free program called Faststone Photo Resizer which allows you to put whatever text you want on the image (but make sure you save the image to a different folder to where the original is, otherwise it will over-write the original)

Like Malcolm says, people will still pinch your stuff though.  I found some pics of mine on a Czech forum where the dirt bag that stole them (from my website!) had even put his own copyright & logo mark on them.  I sent him a message but so far he hasn't replied.
07-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Website Find Reply
Shooie Offline

(06-02-2015, 05:40 PM)Malcolm Wrote: No, I am afraid there is nothing on the site that could possibly prevent illegal copying of peoples uploaded photographs.

Irrespective of what you try to do, there is always someone out there who will go to extreme lengths to get what he/she wants.

People should try and imprint a digital signature (watermarking), within their photographs before placing them on the Internet, as this remains one way of tracing and proving that the original has been "stolen".

Advice on doing this can be found from various sources via the Search Engines.

Malcolm

Cheers Malcolm. Thanks for the feedback.
08-02-2015, 01:07 AM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
I find the whole photo image posting thing totally confusing , when we are told use a size then when you use it it still is not right as it all depends not just on the physical size it also depends on the kb content of the photo , and on the sites I have tried to use for resizing they don't mention the kb content or how to alter that , I would love to be able to get to grips with it , but when the goalposts keep moving at a speed faster than the speed of light , I get that I could just chuck the towel in, go and sit on the porch in me rocking chair get rid of all the intergalactic rubbish that costs a fortune and go back to reading fiction books , a lot less frustrating

09-02-2015, 09:50 PM
Find Reply

Well don't hold your breaths but I do believe I managed to updown F about and got my Avatar up down regurgitated all on my own this time without the aid of a safety net , can I remember how ??? dont ask , time will tell
09-02-2015, 10:30 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
(09-02-2015, 10:30 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: Well don't hold your breaths but I do believe I managed to updown F about and got my Avatar up down regurgitated all on my own this time without the aid of a safety net , can I remember how ??? dont ask , time will tell

So the PM didn't confuse you too much then Eddy ??

Malcolm
09-02-2015, 11:18 PM
Website Find Reply

no the PM was fine it was the execution of the information that was confusing Malcolm , and finding a sizing site that was user friendly to a technophobe like me , often what does not help is the computer jargon understanding the lingo and all that ,
it's a big problem to me at times that because I dont understand the lingo you can get caught out with layout of some sites what looks like part of the site is an attachment that has nothing to do with what you are doing and ends up loading toolbars and rubbish that takes someone with I T skills to get rid of pi55es me right off , you go on some sites and everything is so easy to use and then you go on some doing the same thing and it is a nightmare full of viruses and to look at you think all is well ,

Back to the photo thing I used to be on P Bucket but have gone on to Flickr and am thinking up to press that it is better , time will tell

resizing for the Avatars that I was having trouble with as you know Malcolm and thanks for the patience you showed putting up with me , I found was on my setup windows 7 was to click the start button select all programs select accessories select paint then open your pictures drag the photo on to the paint site click resize put in the size required then click off as you do that it asks if you want to save the changes click yes then go to the site you want to use the Avatar on , well I think thats what I did ,
I have got a head ache now I need to lye down in a darkened room I am off to bed night night every one .

09-02-2015, 11:57 PM
Find Reply
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 21
(09-02-2015, 11:57 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: no the PM was fine it was the execution of the information that was confusing Malcolm , and finding a sizing site that was user friendly to a technophobe like me , often what does not help is the computer jargon understanding the lingo and all that ,
it's a big problem to me at times that because I dont understand the lingo you can get caught out with layout of some sites what looks like part of the site is an attachment that has nothing to do with what you are doing and ends up loading toolbars and rubbish that takes someone with  I T skills to get rid of pi55es me right off , you go on some sites and everything is so easy to use and then you go on some doing the same thing and it is a nightmare full of viruses and to look at you think all is well ,

Back to the photo thing I used to be on P Bucket but have gone on to Flickr and am thinking up to press that it is better , time will tell

resizing for the Avatars that I was having trouble with as you know Malcolm and thanks for the patience you showed putting up with me , I found was on my setup windows 7 was to click the start button select all programs select accessories select paint then open your pictures drag the photo on to the paint site click resize put in the size required then click off as you do that it asks if you want to save the changes click yes then go to the site you want to use the Avatar on , well I think thats what I did ,
I have got a head ache now I need to lye down in a darkened room I am off to bed night night every one .

Eddy, I was just looking back through this thread and came upon one from Rutolander.  Using flickr, like we do, if you just copy and paste the whole of that bb code in the share box into your post, without using the insert image icon, it seems to work much easier.  It automatically puts it at the right size.
10-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Find Reply
xjrboy Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
I have tried taking images from my pictures ie copying and pasting and all I end up with is a blue square ?
10-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Find Reply

Ye you will XJRboy , to post pictures into a post you have to use a imaging host such as Flickr or PhotoBucket or one of the others I have just changed to Flic and find it easier to size what you are wanting to put up , but for an Avatar you have to take that from your computer but have to resize it to a smaller size than ordinary photos , it has taken me some time and a lot of frustration to get my head round it but I think I have got there in the end with more than a little help from my friends , if you want a hand give me a bell some time and I will try and share my frustration with you lol 07837059203

10-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Find Reply