facebook and twitter now deliver much more open and engaging methods for fans
MIKE B8S Offline

Threads: 4
facebook and twitter now deliver much more open and engaging methods for fans
Apparently.....

Bet all the sponsor's on the iomtt.com home page are thrilled by everyone moving!
22-11-2014, 12:47 AM
Find Reply
Sharktooth Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: facebook and twitter now deliver much more open and engaging methods for fans
Just a blind decision without asking any of the punters opinion. Idiots
22-11-2014, 12:19 PM
Find Reply
cpt_pants Offline
Banned

Threads: 3
RE: facebook and twitter now deliver much more open and engaging methods for fans
(22-11-2014, 12:47 AM)MIKE B8S Wrote: Apparently.....

Bet all the sponsor's on the iomtt.com home page are thrilled by everyone moving!
Like many others on the old site I don't do FB or Twitter, and have no intention of joining either. Some things work and dont need fixing!
Good call on the sponsors too, I bet the sites hit rate will plummet now, would be interesting to see by how many.
22-11-2014, 12:24 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Very true if it ain't broke don't fix it with fb Twitter my space your space, is it not easier in a forum?as everyone is into the same thing singing from the same sheet.
22-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

Agree with many sentiments above.

Fb & twitter won't deliver anything to this fan either lol
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

22-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Find Reply
cpt_pants Offline
Banned

(22-11-2014, 12:37 PM)Superbike Wrote: Very true if it ain't broke don't fix it with fb Twitter my space your space, is it not easier in a forum?as everyone is into the same thing singing from the same sheet.

That did make me smile, "my space your space".
22-11-2014, 01:11 PM
Find Reply
stubottle Offline

Threads: 2
I don't do twitter.....stupid name!
Facebook isn't fit for purpose, if you don't spend your life on it. As soon as something is posted, it slips away rapidly in the avalanche of drivel and "suggested stuff".
Huh
22-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Find Reply
the old man Offline

Threads: 8
(22-11-2014, 02:12 PM)stubottle Wrote: I don't do twitter.....stupid name!
Facebook isn't fit for purpose, if you don't spend your life on it. As soon as something is posted, it slips away rapidly in the avalanche of drivel and "suggested stuff".

i am on facebook but not on twitter but i follow JM130 and Hutchy on twitter 
22-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Find Reply
cpt_pants Offline
Banned

(22-11-2014, 02:42 PM)the old man Wrote:
(22-11-2014, 02:12 PM)stubottle Wrote: I don't do twitter.....stupid name!

i am on facebook but not on twitter but i follow JM130 and Hutchy on twitter 

I have seen people use Twitter over here for the TT, and it seems to be a good tool for updates on most things current ie, boats, roads, results, etc. but then so did the old forum which was easier to read in order as stated by stubottle. It would be nice to see if this site works in the same way, I am sure it will.
22-11-2014, 03:33 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
I use both for a bit of fun with the family but it is not fit for purpose as a discussion platform. The lack of ability to follow a thread for more than 10 mins and the way stuff can just vanish in to the wonder rubbish is just not good
22-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Find Reply
serowmaster Offline

What I have heard about those two sites they are just good for slagging people off smilie

GETTING OLD IS MANDATORY FEELING OLD IS OPTIONAL smilie
22-11-2014, 09:44 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Or some might add sha**ing people off 😍
22-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Find Reply
MIKE B8S Offline

Had facebook for years. Deleted it after spending two weeks away from it at the manx this year. Reguard it as one of the best decision ive ever made. Can talk about motorbikes on here instead of scrolling through baby photo's and inspirational quotes!
22-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Find Reply
rutolander Offline
Three Star Member

Threads: 14
Steady Eddy. Spot on I use both for a bit of fun with the family but it is not fit for purpose as a discussion platform. The lack of ability to follow a thread for more than 10 mins and the way stuff can just vanish in to the wonder rubbish is just not good.
Tried Twitter Book as well could not understand it! Or is that Face Twit
23-11-2014, 01:36 AM
Find Reply
Patf Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Got to agree with others. I use both FB and twitter and neither are a suitable alternative to a proper forum.
23-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Find Reply
stubottle Offline

Threads: 2
If I put stuff on facebook, it comes back to bite me quite regularly, as my missus can keep tabs on me, unlike the forums.
Huh
23-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Find Reply
cpt_pants Offline
Banned

(23-11-2014, 10:57 PM)stubottle Wrote: If I put stuff on facebook, it comes back to bite me quite regularly, as my missus can keep tabs on me, unlike the forums.

I just had a look on the members list and noticed a mrstubottle has just registered as a user!!!!
24-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Find Reply
y2blade Offline

Threads: 13
I agree tbh, Facebook and twitter (if you know how to use them) give you so much more than a "forum" can.
24-11-2014, 05:46 PM
Find Reply
Dougboy
Unregistered

I'm a member of a very active bike club and we use a Facebook Group to keep people up to date. In the past, our rideout and event calendar was pretty much set in stone by the end of January and that was fine up to a point. Now though, given a good weather forecast and a bit of free time, it's much more fluid in the sense that Thusday or Friday evenings will almost always see a " I'm out Sunday, anyone want to join me, we're off to x, meet at somewhere at hh:mm". Works a treat.
I don't use Facebook much other than that cos most of peoples postings are so samey and vacuous, some good jokes though. Twitter I don't bother with now, although I did follow Hutchy's recovery for a while.
So I won't bother with the IOMTT facebook or twitter feeds.
24-11-2014, 05:56 PM
bambam Offline

Threads: 6
Facebook and twitter are an excellent way to get news,esp twitter...but i just cant get me head around the twitter thing,but face books very good,and connected to a lot of riders aswell so news is instant as such.
24-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Find Reply