Marshals on this Forum?
Herman Gelmet
Unregistered

RE: Marshals on this Forum?
Sector 2 Ballagarey . Been there for the last 5 years love it ,great team and very fast!
01-02-2015, 12:24 AM
bsa499 Offline

Threads: 48
Having received assistance from the marshalling team at the 26th Milestone following my crash during the 2014 Senior Classic TT (I was unconscious at the time) I've retired from racing and will instead marshal at the 2015 Classic TT/MGP. Racing on the TT course is an awesome and totally fulfilling experience but there wouldn't be any racing without this wonderful team of volunteers. I can't praise them highly enough! Many thanks for helping me and I'm really looking forward to joining the team and supporting these uniquely exciting races.
01-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Find Reply
bristolboy Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Marshal at Gorse Lea  Icon_lol
12-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Find Reply
haremoss Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
Did practise and race week last year, sector nine. Tower layby and the 27th. Enjoyed the mountain, Will hopefully get back up there again this year.
16-02-2015, 05:10 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
I love it up there in sector 9 , have been up there many times from Guthries to the Mountain Box , seams a shame to me that such a great stretch , finds it hard to get a full crew , but great for us responce boys and girls

16-02-2015, 05:24 PM
Find Reply
coll83 Offline

Hi guys and girls!
Coming to the TT foe my second visit this year.. 110 days and not counting ; )
Bringing a friend - his first time, signed up for marshalling - hopefully the senior. Where would you advise us to go? I know the TT will blow his mind as im sure it will blow mine again.. I was thinking somewhere after the mountain on the way back down?
Just past union mills onto Ballascary, water works, gooseneck...,., HHHHhheeellppppp
17-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Find Reply
Raynetjr Offline

Threads: 6
Sorry, I'm probably not going to help but I think it all depends on what your friend is in to. Some people like fast straights, some like slow(ish) corners or somewhere were they can see for miles.

I'm in the same position (wanted to marshal with a newbie) so I sat through a onboard lap with my mate and got him to say what he liked. In his case he liked technical bits so I'm thinking bradden bridge/oak, union mills or bungalow (as I've done them before).

Some places might be a bit 'intense' if he has never marshalled anywhere before...

Don't worry too much though - I have found something good about everywhere I've been so he'll have a great time!
17-02-2015, 08:22 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
(12-02-2015, 07:00 PM)bristolboy Wrote: Marshal at Gorse Lea  Icon_lol

With a great bunch there Bristolboy at the  Round Tea tea bale , but with the added responsibility of helping Foz writing up his  reports and keeping Reg in order , don't forget the horse ligament cream for his knees lol give them my regards when you speak to them next , mmmm oh them cakes dont worry I won't tell a soul about how good the cakes are 

17-02-2015, 09:19 PM
Find Reply
coll83 Offline

(17-02-2015, 08:22 PM)Raynetjr Wrote: Sorry, I'm probably not going to help but I think it all depends on what your friend is in to.  Some people like fast straights, some like slow(ish) corners or somewhere were they can see for miles.

I'm in the same position (wanted to marshal with a newbie) so I sat through a onboard lap with my mate and got him to say what he liked.  In his case he liked technical bits so I'm thinking bradden bridge/oak, union mills or bungalow (as I've done them before).  

Some places might be a bit 'intense' if he has never marshalled anywhere before...

Don't worry too much though - I have found something good about everywhere I've been so he'll have a great time!

I want to be somewhere close to the finish but somewhere fast where we can see them coming and going.. I know that no matter where we are, who cares , its the TT but I want it to be a banger : )
18-02-2015, 10:08 AM
Find Reply
Raynetjr Offline

Threads: 6
How about St Ninnian's? Can't get much closer to start/finish but not sure of the View as a marshal. Or, of course, there would be Bray Hill?
18-02-2015, 10:37 AM
Find Reply
coll83 Offline

(18-02-2015, 10:37 AM)Raynetjr Wrote: How about St Ninnian's?  Can't get much closer to start/finish but not sure of the View as a marshal. Or, of course, there would be Bray Hill?

I was thinking Bray hill, or a nice stretch coming off the mountain?
18-02-2015, 12:18 PM
Find Reply
SeanLXIV Offline
Just Getting Started

Sector 9, started at Guthries, before being asked to go up to the 27th, stayed there as I love seeing the bikes accelerate onto the Mountian Mile, and of course the amazing view between races. Took over from Chris as DSM at the 27th last TT. I get over for the last day of practice week, and then all of race week for both the TT and Manx. Then back for Radio Ops at Rally Isle of Man in September.
Can't wait for June to arrive, with an added bonus of having my new Subaru to take me up there :-)
18-02-2015, 02:50 PM
Find Reply
Trostagh Offline
Just Getting Started

(18-02-2015, 02:50 PM)SeanLXIV Wrote: Sector 9, started at Guthries, before being asked to go up to the 27th, stayed there as I love seeing the bikes accelerate onto the Mountian Mile, and of course the amazing view between races.  Took over from Chris as DSM at the 27th last TT.  I get over for the last day of practice week, and then all of race week for both the TT and Manx.  Then back for Radio Ops at Rally Isle of Man in September.
Can't wait for June to arrive, with an added bonus of having my new Subaru to take me up there :-)

St Ninian's is just after the start.  The fastest place near the finish is Hillberry, on the run up to signpost.  Google it - it'll blow yer socks off!
21-02-2015, 12:21 AM
Find Reply