RST Confirmed as major new Isle of Man TT commercial partner
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RST Confirmed as major new Isle of Man TT commercial partner
[Image: ttmonsterlogobig.jpg]

The Isle of Man Government Department of Economic Development, rights holder for the Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy, has signed a major new two-year agreement with RST to be the Official Safety Partner.

The deal includes title sponsorship of the Superbike Race on Saturday 6th June, which becomes the RST Superbike Race as well as a series of start-line, podium and track-side branding opportunities. The company will also receive programme, race guide and official iomtt.com advertising as part of their inventory of benefits.

RST will be producing a bespoke TT flash motorcycle clothing collection, featuring the official TT logo, which will be exclusively available in the TT RST concept store located behind the main grandstand on the Isle of Man. The company is planning to release details of the range next year.

The travelling marshals will be fully kitted out in RST kit, including a special version of the Alpha III jacket, helping them to perform their important role in comfort and safety.

[Image: RST_Promo_1.jpg]
Ian Hutchinson welcomes Jonny Towers of RST to the TT Family

Jonny Towers, RST Sales and Marketing Director, commented:

"RST has already been working closely with the Isle Man TT team as the safety partner for the 2013 and 2014 Classic TT Races. We are tremendously excited to take this relationship to the next level now being safety partner for both the TT and the Classic TT."  

He continued:

"As RST goes from strength to strength, being the UK’s number 1 motorcycle clothing brand, and with huge growth around the world, the Isle Of Man TT is the perfect showcase to raise the brands profile on a global scale. This is an important milestone for RST and we are extremely proud to be associated with such a prestigious and historic event. We look forward to a long and fruitful partnership with the TT."

David Cretney, MHK, Political Member, Isle of Man Tourism and Motorsport, commented:

"RST is a premium brand and we are delighted to welcome them into our portfolio of commercial partners. Their support will enable us to grow and develop the TT Races worldwide and is a reflection of the continuing growth and interest in the TT Races."

The Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy takes place from the 30th May to 12th June 2015.
01-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Website Find Reply
cpt_pants Offline
Banned

Threads: 3
RE: RST Confirmed as major new Isle of Man TT commercial partner
This can only be good for all involved, RST are really moving fast and already cover a few top riders.
01-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
I am sure the TM's will be thrilled at having to give up the Dainese leathers to use RST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
01-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Find Reply
Patf Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
I wonder if the TM gear will be the same as you or I can buy, or special made to measure stuff ?
01-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Find Reply
bluersv Offline
Just Getting Started

Good luck to them wearing RST

RST thought this was acceptable build quality when I sent it back after a small crash.

It burst open everywhere it touched down and I ended up with stitches at all the burst points. When I check around the paddock every other rider wearing RST items ends up in tatters too after a crash.

[Image: suitcollage_zps5f780c92.jpg]

I wouldn't wear one now for cleaning the windows!
02-12-2014, 01:05 AM
Find Reply
RichW Offline
Old Skool Biker

Threads: 2
Quote:I am sure the TM's will be thrilled at having to give up the Dainese leathers to use RST.

That was my first thoughts also.

I have RST leathers a.t.m., but will be buying Dainese or Alpinestar next time around.  
02-12-2014, 08:42 AM
Find Reply
LukeHondaBrightside Offline

Threads: 1
Lmao  I'm sure after reading this thread iomtt.com are glad they closed the forum down! They'd be sweating!! 
'Course I don't know what that b@stard shark's gonna do with it, might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time.
02-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Find Reply
bluersv Offline
Just Getting Started

(02-12-2014, 10:04 AM)LukeHondaBrightside Wrote: Lmao  I'm sure after reading this thread iomtt.com are glad they closed the forum down! They'd be sweating!! 

Hahah

I am only telling the truth. RST inspected the crashed leathers and sent them back saying they were acceptable build quality.

Their standards and my standards must be totally different but if you look around the paddock and look at an RST leathers post crash they wont be in a good state.
02-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
And there was me thinking. Safety partner wow !!!! set of proban flame retardant coveralls for the marshals,

Silly Me

02-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

The TM's should be provided with the best safety equipment you can buy, not what the DED has done a deal with.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
02-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Find Reply
cpt_pants Offline
Banned

Threads: 3
What model were your leathers bluersv? I know it shouldnt matter but there is a big price hike when you go to the pro series and I wonder if thats where the quality is priority.
02-12-2014, 12:38 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

So you are not supposed to fall off your bike in the cheap ones, but you can in the more expensive ones.
Noted!

02-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Find Reply
bluersv Offline
Just Getting Started

(02-12-2014, 12:38 PM)cpt_pants Wrote: What model were your leathers bluersv? I know it shouldnt matter but there is a big price hike when you go to the pro series and I wonder if thats where the quality is priority.

Tractech

Supposed to be clubmans leathers. So if they are bottom of the range I must remember not to crash.

I have seen the top of the range just rip clean open at the back too though. I have a photograph to prove it.

I also have a friend in scotland whos a**hole actually got ripped open when the backside of his leathers burst open on a crash the public road.

They tried to tell me that Josh Brooks etc get off the shelf ones too. Aye right.

I decided enough of buy cheap pay twice and went and got myself a set of custom made AM leathers and crashed in them this year probably at a higher speed and walked away with not a mark and I was still wearing them the following week.

My RST's went in the skip.
02-12-2014, 01:08 PM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
Personally i really like RST gear.The pictures above are not nice and hopefully were just a faulty pair.
I am glad they willn have the shop behind the Granstand i presume instead of Dainese as i just cant and wouldnt spend that sort of money on them and there sizing to me is just crazy.

P

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
02-12-2014, 01:21 PM
Find Reply
bluersv Offline
Just Getting Started

(02-12-2014, 01:21 PM)maybolezx12r Wrote: Personally i really like RST gear.The pictures above are not nice and hopefully were just a faulty pair.
I am glad they willn have the shop behind the Granstand i presume instead of  Dainese as i just cant and wouldnt spend that sort of money on them and there sizing to me is just crazy.

P

They were sent back for examination. RST said there were no faults and they were acceptable build quality.

Might be to them but when you examine it there isnt even double sitching in the elbows etc. They are just multiple panels stitched together. I liked mine too. Doesnt mean it will crash well.
02-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Find Reply