Time to sit down with the 2015 calendar
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
Time to sit down with the 2015 calendar
Well its that time of year again , time to sit down and work out just what clashes with what and which race meetings we will get to in 2015 , there are always ones I would love to do but can't because of the clashes , so before it becomes too late may be time for some big changes .

17-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Time to sit down with the 2015 calendar
It is a shame that the FIM dont keep the TT dates free from clashing with any major events anymore.
I remember when they put the German WSB round on at the same time as the TT in the late 90's, there was a huge reduction of German registered bikes at the TT that year.
Now we have BSB, MotoGP and WSB clashing at different times.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
17-12-2014, 11:44 AM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
RE: Time to sit down with the 2015 calendar
Ye it is a big problem , one of the things that don't help at the TT and Manx is the first practice being on the Saturday night if the first session was on Monday it would give us Sunday evening and Monday to get there, tight but do able, as it is we have to make a choice of missing the first practices or a BSB or Motor Gp. Or WSB, it don't make for an easy life plus we have the problem that if we try to do all the ones like that we have the added problem that we end up IF we can get the crossings we would need to do as much as we could we have to pay top money for them, instead of coming over at cheaper times ,

I appreciate that practice is a must but I think that to run on the Saturday evening has been shown to be getting harder and harder over the last couple of years, I know it may not be popular amongst locals but why not scrap the Saturday evening and start earlier by thirty mins on the other five nights to make up, and stream line the track time it feels to me that there is a lot of wasted time , a big opportunity for a consulting agency to do a time and motion study on the efficiency of track time, please can I have £200.000??

17-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Find Reply