Steam Racket
Jonesthebike Offline

Threads: 3
Steam Racket
Well just had my invoice for next year through the door today in amongst the Christmas cards thought they might have left it till the new year at least. No doubt many others have had theirs as well. Merry Xmas to one and all.
18-12-2014, 08:20 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Steam Racket
The first of the Steam Packet/Racket threads on this site!
Lets try to stick to one thread for all things Packet related.
Invoices dont have to be paid till the end of Feb, so no change on that front.
Recived mine via Email a couple of weeks back.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
18-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Find Reply
ago/mh1967 Offline

Threads: 3
Yep....mine to.
see other thread
Like I`ve said before, you can`t put a price on the `greatest show on earth`
....today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.
18-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
Yep, mine dropped through the letterbox yesterday, pay it January, then start counting down the days

=======================================================================
See you on the island
18-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Find Reply
dave1400 Offline
Banned

Threads: 1
Good point  ciomtt,  and for those who have not seen it yet take a look at Manx Radio website.
In the News section under heading Door opens for new wave of ferry operators, seems ferry operators being asked if they want to provide a ferry service  to Ireland , Liverpool and Heysham, would have put the link up but if I understand Malcolms post correctly its not allowed to put links up. Anyways worth reading ? Dodgy
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2014, 10:13 PM by dave1400.)
18-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
(18-12-2014, 10:10 PM)dave1400 Wrote: Good point  ciomtt,  and for those who have not seen it yet take a look at Manx Radio website.
In the News section under heading Door opens for new wave of ferry operators, seems ferry operators being asked if they want to provide a ferry service  to Ireland , Liverpool and Heysham, would have put the link up but if I understand Malcolms post correctly its not allowed to put links up. Anyways worth reading ? Dodgy

I have no real objection to a link being placed within a posting, so long as the target is relative to the Topic under discussion, is related to the TT and/or Motorcycle Racing in general and is made with common sense to the fore.

Postings made with nothing other than a Hyper Link to an outside site do not contribute to the Forums as far as I am concerned, and they will be removed.

Modern Definition of forumAn Internet site where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings;

By the way, I don't think that anything will be changed before 2020 as that is when the present agreement with the Steam Packet expires, and it would appear that the IOM Government are making a purely political statement by "dipping their toe in the water" publicly.

Malcolm.
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2014, 11:15 PM by Malcolm.)
18-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Website Find Reply
Stroller Offline

Threads: 14
(18-12-2014, 10:10 PM)dave1400 Wrote: Good point  ciomtt,  and for those who have not seen it yet take a look at Manx Radio website.

What they are doing is inviting expressions of interest for when the current user agreement with the IoMSPCo runs out. It would still be a monoply, just with the possibility of someone else providing the service.
19-12-2014, 08:53 AM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 365
No way do I want to see another thread lambasting Steam packet, it's been done to death before!
but.......
remember how we had to pay a fuel supplement when the price of fuel sky rocketed?
19-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Website Find Reply