Lost my 'mojo'!
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 365
Lost my 'mojo'!
Dy'u know, I kinda lost my way a couple of weeeks ago, couldn't get any enthusiasm at all, even thinking of cancelling or sticking to a couple of day trips, but we've just booked tents in the Metzeler village, so it's starting to come back again!
Bring it on! Icon_biggrin
19-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Website Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
RE: Lost my 'mojo'!
(19-12-2014, 11:54 AM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote: Dy'u know, I kinda lost my way a couple of weeeks ago, couldn't get any enthusiasm at all, even thinking of cancelling or sticking to a couple of day trips, but we've just booked tents in the Metzeler village, so it's starting to come back again!
Bring it on! Icon_biggrin

Know what your saying captain the dark nights and rain make it feel like a world away.But when were past Christmas and New Year will be there before we know it.

P

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
19-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
As said above cap, the crappy dark winters weather has that effect, don't worry, when the weather gets warmer and the nights gets lighter you'll be glad you've got your boats and tents booked.

=======================================================================
See you on the island
19-12-2014, 01:20 PM
Find Reply
Frizbee Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
I think its quite hard to maintain a level of enthusiasm all year round for a 2 week event no matter how brilliant it is!

Sometimes a little mental break does you good.

F
19-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
Ah but lads and lasses you have to remember that our dear OLD friend Sparks has a very busy time of it on the run up to the Biking season being from the Tractor driving fraternity all that plowing to do , wouldn't listen!! told him not to get one of them John Dear's ( I mean Harleys ) silly boy ,

19-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
I lost my Mojo where WSB was concerned this year.
Not only have I followed and watched it every year since the early 90's, I have video taped/DVD every round and keeped them.
This year, nothing. I recorded the first round, watched it for 20 minutes, then turned it off, deleted the recording, and didnt watch anymore. Dindt even bother to read the race reports in MCN. I only knew who has won because of all the fury over team orders ( which is another good reason to not watch, when there are team orders, its not racing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
19-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Find Reply

but what did you record instead Ciomtt ?? have you ever thought of watching a plowing match ? very uninteresting I am lead to believe , but could while away a month or two while waiting for the ferry date to come round .

19-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Find Reply
Ken37.73 Offline

Threads: 1
Phew Captain - I thought you'd lost you Mojito ! That would have been serious !
19-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
(19-12-2014, 10:04 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: but what did you record instead Ciomtt ?? have you ever thought of watching a plowing match ? very uninteresting I am lead to believe , but could while away a month or two while waiting for the ferry date to come round .
Vicar of Dibley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
19-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Find Reply

I wonder could this post be classed as banter ?? we will have to be careful or Hammy will be putting in an appearance and doing a come back , lol

19-12-2014, 11:53 PM
Find Reply
Big thumpa Offline

Threads: 5
its the winter solstice tomorrow so the nights are going to be getting shorter that's something to give us hope lol

Sucking Rabbits outa Hedges Icon_mrgreen
20-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

Threads: 4
(20-12-2014, 09:37 AM)Big thumpa Wrote: its the winter solstice tomorrow so the nights are going to be getting shorter that's something to give us hope lol

The positive spin should be 'the days are getting longer to give us hope'.

And in reference to one's mojo, mine is wonderful thanks very much Icon_lol
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

20-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Find Reply
cpt_pants Offline
Banned

Threads: 3
(20-12-2014, 06:37 PM)TTNeb Wrote:
(20-12-2014, 09:37 AM)Big thumpa Wrote: its the winter solstice tomorrow so the nights are going to be getting shorter that's something to give us hope lol

The positive spin should be 'the days are getting longer to give us hope'.

And in reference to one's mojo, mine is wonderful thanks very much Icon_lol

Just need the weather to pick up a little too, very windy on the Isle at the mo.
20-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

Threads: 4
So I've heard from my mum cpt_pants. A distinct lack of ferries have been putting into harbour. It's been rather windy here in Norfolk too where we have that lazy wind.
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

21-12-2014, 10:13 AM
Find Reply
Kezzr Offline

Glad your back onthe straight and narrow Captain, I'm allready booked for TT practice week and classic TT/MGP. Never had a problem with my Mojo but does seem sometimes to be a long drawn out wait till I'm back on that magical isle. Positives all the way now that the days are getting longer and must make an effort to get me bike ready early for next year, allways seems to be the usual last minute panic wondering where all the time has gone.!!!! Bike2Bike2Bike2
21-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Find Reply
Lesq Offline

Aww glad to hear you sorted Captain, sorry we couldn't accommodate you guys again this year, would have been awful if we had sold the house then you had to find accommodation.

However, if you want to buy our house, you can have any room you like lol!!!

Les

22-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Find Reply

Kezzr !! Him on the what ?? (Glad your back onthe straight and narrow Captain, )

hope it's not too narrow on that tractor of his ! he is wide enough but have you seen how wide them bars are on that THING !!! IT ???
they are an anti theft device not many people can stretch their arms that far apart

22-12-2014, 06:43 PM
Find Reply

(22-12-2014, 06:43 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: Kezzr !! Him on the what ?? (Glad your back onthe straight and narrow Captain, )

hope it's not too narrow on that tractor of his ! he is wide enough but have you seen how wide them bars are on that THING !!! IT ???
they are an anti theft device not many people can stretch their arms that far apart

It has to be straight, It's great fun trying to corner on that thing!
..and narrow, with those bars, you're right Eddy!
Thanks for all your kind thoughts folks.
I don't know what's happened, for over 20 years I have religously listened to manx radio day in, day out, but not any more.
At the risk of sounding arrogant/big headed or whatever, for the past 2 years I have had trips over for the TT, S100 & Manx/Classic TT, so maybe the  anticipation of going for a 'one off' event like the TT has waned slightly. The TT is the 'Daddy' , though, so I will look forward to it.
I don't know what this year will bring, but we have booked tents in that there Metzeler village, so that's sorted now.
Dave had better get plenty of beer in!!
22-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Website Find Reply

You are stay where ?? at your age with your aching bones ?? it will end in tears ! tears of laughter for Old Docitor  Lead Foot as he watches you trying to mount the Tractor after a night in a Tent to say nothing of Daves finest in the Old Market Inn , oh dear oh dear what is the world of Pyrotechnics coming to ??  

(This post was last modified: 22-12-2014, 08:40 PM by Steady the Edward.)
22-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Find Reply

(22-12-2014, 08:39 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: You are stay where ?? at your age with your aching bones ?? it will end in tears ! tears of laughter for Old Docitor  Lead Foot as he watches you trying to mount the Tractor after a night in a Tent to say nothing of Daves finest in the Old Market Inn , oh dear oh dear what is the world of Pyrotechnics coming to ??  

Aye, it's fizzling out, Eddy.
Mr. Led's got a new bike too, there'll be no keeping up now (not as if there ever was after I sold my Speed Trifle!)
22-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Website Find Reply