Guy Martin - My Autobiography
bsa499 Offline

Threads: 48
Guy Martin - My Autobiography
My wife gave me a copy of Guy's new book for Christmas and I've just finished reading it. If you've got a copy read it if you haven't get one. It's very well written and his insights on his family are heartwarming. The descriptions of all his racing exploits, particularly in Ireland are fascinating, accurate and very real. 

As for the TV stuff it's ok but I'm not over bothered about it, it does surprise me however that there are no parallels drawn between Guy's TV persona and that of Fred Dibnah.

The book's a credit to Guy, I always was a fan and now I admire him even more.

Good luck Guy I hope you win a TT but if you don't you don't, more important than that stay safe!!
27-12-2014, 12:07 PM
Find Reply
Ken37.73 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Guy Martin - My Autobiography
Yeah but the bit about his one time "manager" is mental !
27-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
ive had it since it came out but didnt get far before things took hold and work and other stuff went mental
i was hopeing to read it over christmas but ive been working for a friend doing a bit of a factory refit were only half way through and need it running again first week in jan so wont be reading it this week
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
27-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

Threads: 4
I've read it (as many will recall my suggestive naughty thread title on the no longer mentioned website) and thoroughly enjoyed it. i almost bought it for a friend and am glad I didn't as he got it from his mum.
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

28-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Find Reply
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
I got it as an early Christmas present, I really enjoyed it, he takes the time to explain lots of the stuff that has floated around about him over the years, why he avoids the crowds, why he split with previous teams, and it all makes perfect sense.

He is very matter of fact in places when he discusses certain people, but in a professional way.

I would strongly recommend this book to everyone.
28-12-2014, 09:45 PM
Find Reply