Gary Johnson is left fuming as Martin nets his Isle of Man TT seat
Ken37.73 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Gary Johnson is left fuming as Martin nets his Isle of Man TT seat
Totally agree with this "And.. it goes to show that Guy Martin puts his money where his mouth is when he is prepared to buy his own bike. " I thought that said a lot.

Not so fussed with GJ's words though, we all have a inner chimp (if you've ever read the book you'll know what I mean) that gets a bit uppity sometimes.

I also have to say that Smiths come across very well. Can't say I know too much about them but they obviously make a nice race bike.

Roll on June !!
02-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Find Reply
Azman Offline

Threads: 5
.............At he end of the day Smiths are Triumphant??

"Its turned out quite nice ....." Beer2
Riggsy
02-03-2015, 05:12 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
Every thing has a price and every thing boils down to money eventually , deny it as much as you like but money is God today ,

02-03-2015, 05:29 PM
Find Reply
NB12 Offline

Threads: 1
If you can deliver (and have done already) the results, I don't think there is anything wrong in wanting rewarded for it (if that's the truth). On the other had if the team have put exposure/publicity before results then that is wrong.
@neilbrownNB12
02-03-2015, 09:04 PM
Find Reply
serowmaster Offline

Threads: 4
(02-03-2015, 05:29 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: Every thing has a price and every thing boils down to money eventually , deny it as much as you like but money is God today ,

yes you struggle living in the real world without it

GETTING OLD IS MANDATORY FEELING OLD IS OPTIONAL smilie
02-03-2015, 10:04 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

It pains me to write this but myself and some friends attended a BSB race at Donington a few years back and we witnessed at first hand Garry J point and make fun of an older fan that had the old style marshals
coats on full of signatures, he then walked passed this fan as if they were not there, we all have bad days and like a previous post said about the "inner chimp". I'd like to put it down to that but a few of my friends that were there that day have written him off which is a shame as he's a great rider and we've all done things we regret.
03-03-2015, 04:56 AM
Find Reply
cookie77 Offline

Threads: 3
Sorry don't buy that. I think the chances are that he was having a laugh at something else and you misunderstood the situation.
03-03-2015, 09:46 AM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
Everyone has bad days and everyone says things they regret sometimes. I don't doubt that Superbike has had his opinion of Gary soured by what he saw (whether or not it was misunderstood). However, from my limited experience of Gary around the paddock I would have nothing but praise in the way he conducted himself.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
03-03-2015, 10:57 AM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
Gary attended the TT Riders Association Lunch last October,along with James Hillier, and Dean Harrison.
As I was the M.C. for the day, I had the great pleasure of interviewing all three on behalf of the guests.
Gary was delighted to be there, and undertook his "duties" with distinction. I considered him to be a thoroughly decent bloke, and wish him all the best for the coming season.
I would agree with Hammerhead, but none of us get the public media stuff right every time.
03-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

There was 8 in our group and four local guys that commented on this incident so I'm afraid there was no misunderstanding but I don't bother with holding any grudges if I was in the public eye I would for sure get it wrong and it's hard to perfect all the time when things might be going wrong for you at that time. I've done and said things I've regreted over the years like everyone has. He's a talent on a motorcycle and wish him luck for the season ahead.
03-03-2015, 04:57 PM
Find Reply
Cregwilly Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Gary donated 300 hundred quid or so of his winnings at donington back in 2010? After winning a power bike race in the pouring rain.the money went to end of season Marshal night which Gary stated they deserved after standing out in rain all day.sound lad Gary who has had loads of bad luck on his private honda.
03-03-2015, 09:41 PM
Find Reply
windyman Offline

Basically Gary has an over inflated ego and asked for stupid money, we all know money doesn't mean sod all to guy, so there you have it in one.
03-03-2015, 09:45 PM
Find Reply
Yellowbelly Offline
Just Getting Started

Ding ding, with a million in the bank and you think it doesn't mean you to Guy. Wake up.
03-03-2015, 10:59 PM
Find Reply