Unsold tickets go on resale today
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
Unsold tickets go on resale today
Today is the day the Steam Packet re sell the tickets that people did not pay on time for 

09-03-2015, 09:01 AM
Find Reply
JAT Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Unsold tickets go on resale today
Trying to get through at the minute!! It took me 3 hours to book back in practice week, still didn't get the sailings we wanted, here we are again!! I am beginning to get fed up with this every year. There must be a better system, I believe the regular attendees should be offered sailings for the following year. But I suppose that's not fair on newcomers, its a difficult one. Thing is the organisers are not worried if anyone gets fed up with it as if I don't go someone else will, they forget who was supporting the TT in its less popular times. Please someone answer the phone!!!!! JAT
09-03-2015, 09:53 AM
Find Reply

I agree there should be some way of repaying loyalty , in any business your base customers are your foundation , and every thing stands on that foundation , your foundation crumbles and before you know it the complete structure collapses round your ears , at the moment they are on the crest of a wave , it is already hard to do these days and then sell it to a commercial enterprise, and on top of hard it will be too expensive, we are sat looking at an uncertain future I believe

09-03-2015, 10:13 AM
Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

Threads: 1
They could reward loyalty by only allowing booking at the terminal in IOM during the fortnight of the races and only open it up to online booking once the races are over. Might be some long queues though.
09-03-2015, 10:22 AM
Find Reply
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
As a matter of interest if a Travel Agency bulk books a lot of premium sailing time tickets then fails to sell them, are they returned into the system, or are those spaces just lost completely !
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
09-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Find Reply
Hillpiece Offline

Threads: 1
TT Sailings
Unsold sailings open today. My mate just changed his to
more favourable ones.
09-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Find Reply

(09-03-2015, 11:59 AM)veefour Wrote: As a matter of interest if a Travel Agency bulk books a lot of premium sailing time tickets then fails to sell them, are they returned into the system, or are those spaces just lost completely !

As far as I understand it they do sell them on but just how and when they release them I am not sure,  I was lead to believe that it was this week with the unpaid ones from the rest of us and that of the tickets on sale today the bulk is from the block booking un solds rather than the individual ones , 
And I strongly agree with Nev the Pre booking should be to the loyal regulars first then put out to potential new customers at the end of the two weeks,  

09-03-2015, 03:03 PM
Find Reply
JAT Offline

Threads: 5
I spent 90 mins trying before I got through only to be told if I wanted to come back later than my original booking(Senior day am!!) it would have to be Tuesday! I give up.
09-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Find Reply
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 21
(09-03-2015, 03:03 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 11:59 AM)veefour Wrote: As a matter of interest if a Travel Agency bulk books a lot of premium sailing time tickets then fails to sell them, are they returned into the system, or are those spaces just lost completely !

As far as I understand it they do sell them on but just how and when they release them I am not sure,  I was lead to believe that it was this week with the unpaid ones from the rest of us and that of the tickets on sale today the bulk is from the block booking un solds rather than the individual ones , 
And I strongly agree with Nev the Pre booking should be to the loyal regulars first then put out to potential new customers at the end of the two weeks,  

Well I go every year, but this year I cannot make it. Does this mean I am no longer a loyal regular and unable to book for the following year ?
Why don't they wait until the races are all finished before opening any bookings.  We can all book on line when we get home, without wasting a day of our holiday queing at the Terminal.
10-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Find Reply

I don't know Dommy , it's just that a lot of old school regulars are finding it harder and harder to get bookings and I can't see how else you could reward loyalty without that reward being based on the history of a persons previous crossings ,

10-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Find Reply
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 21
(10-03-2015, 09:58 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: I don't know Dommy , it's just that a lot of old school regulars are finding it harder and harder to get bookings and I can't see how else you could reward loyalty without that reward being based on the history of a persons previous crossings ,

I don't see why the Steam Packet Company have to reward loyalty to the TT ?  They just sell us Ferry tickets, and transport us to the Island and are nothing to do with the TT.  I am sure they could not care less what we do when we are there.  It is just a huge bonanza for them, and at the end of the day, there are only a limited number of bike spaces available.  I have not booked by telephone ever since on line booking became available, and it only takes a few minutes. 
10-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Find Reply

Yes I am the same I do ours on line , and like I said it does not worry me now , I just feel for the ones that were loyal right through the shallow years through thick and thin , ok at the moment they can fill the crossings in the blink of an eye but are you filling the boat with people who will come back time and time again or  are you filling the boat with tick boxer's that are over the once never to be seen again ??

I remember you not being happy because you could not get back till late on in the week after the racing finished , now you like I am are retired , so it's not as drastic as it would have been if you had to be back at work on the Monday , and was faced with an extra ? nights accommodation costing ???? making an expensive hol out of reach for many that were regular , no easy answers   
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2015, 11:41 PM by Steady the Edward.)
10-03-2015, 11:31 PM
Find Reply

Another thought Dommy , you say they are nothing to do with the TT they just sell us ferry tickets and transport us to the Island , but surely the two go hand in hand , the Steam Packet makes a large part of its revenue from the TT and MGP periods , that help it to supply a lifeline service to the Island 365 days a year , sorry maybe only 364 I think but am not sure they have Xmas day off , you say it is just a huge bonanza to them ,yes it may be, but it is a bonanza that is vital to their survival , if they did not have that bonanza and they had to rely totally on the the revenue of providing a service to the Manx people how much more expensive would Island life become , how long would it be before our beloved Isle became a Ghost Island with Tumbleweed blowing down the deserted streets
11-03-2015, 12:03 AM
Find Reply