Surprise TT Wins
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Surprise TT Wins
(30-03-2015, 05:14 PM)Blademan Wrote: Don't think Phil Haslam won a TT, he did win the Junior Manx in the early 70s

I think The previous poster was referring to Phil Carpenter Blademan, but yes Phil Haslam did indeed win a Manx and was the first person to lap at 100mph at the MGP, he was injured for the next years TT and sadly died a month later in another accident, otherwise I'm sure he would have been up there for a TT win.
30-03-2015, 09:50 PM
Find Reply
mdvineng Offline

Threads: 0
Yes it was Phil Carpenter I was on about. That same night in the DOGS HOME 5 girls were having a night out! after a few drinks went down, one of them turned to her friend and promptly threw up, all over her head (accidental like) we expected some sort of reaction but what we witnessed will be forever imprinted on my memory, the poor affected girl just calmly got her comb out of her handbag and slowly removed all the carrots etc from her hair, wiped the comb in her handkerchief and put them back in her bag and carried on the conversation and drinking as though nothing had happened!!!!! All our thoughts of which one to chat up instantly melted away and we left.
31-03-2015, 06:47 AM
Find Reply
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
Phil Read 1st TT and he won the junior race.
08-04-2015, 12:47 AM
Find Reply