BITTER LOOKING TO 'BOX CLEVER' AT COOKSTOWN WITH T&R MOTORSPORT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BITTER LOOKING TO 'BOX CLEVER' AT COOKSTOWN WITH T&R MOTORSPORT
[Image: sandorbitter1.jpg]

Once a top level boxer, now a motorcycle road racer, Hungarian Sandor Bitter, will add a touch of international flavour when he makes a welcome return to the KDM Cookstown 100 in April.

The 43-year-old boxing coach made his debut at the KDM Cookstown 100 back in 2010, riding a KMR Kawasaki for top local road racer Ryan Farquhar. This time around, Sandor will be BMW mounted at Cookstown, riding for popular road racer Stephen Thompson.

Now in his twenty-third season of racing, Bitter has agreed terms with T&R Motorsport and will race the BMW S1000RR Superstock bike that Thompson campaigned last year.

The KDM Cookstown 100 will be Sandor’s first road race on the German machine, but as a former 250cc British championship competitor, Thompson has lined up some track time for the Hungarian over the Easter weekend at Bishopscourt and Kirkistown.

Obviously excited to be racing at Cookstown, Sandor explained: “I cannot wait to Cookstown as I still feel like a newcomer. The last time I raced there I was a newcomer and I was also on a new bike. It wasn’t the best of my performances, so I hope with new bike, a new team and some testing, I will be able to perform much better. The Cookstown people are very kind, and I look forward to meeting them again,”

Both Thompson – who is riding for the Penz13.com team on BMW machinery this season – and Bitter have a busy schedule ahead of them: they will contest the KDM Cookstown 100, International North west 200, Isle of Man TT, followed by national races at Armoy and Kells. The final few meetings of the year will be the Ulster Grand Prix, Frohburg and Macau.

Sandor presently works as a boxing coach and motorcycle journalist, but is a busy man, also taking on roles as an instructor at the Hungarian Pannonia Ring motor racing circuit, and is also a ‘tester’ for a Hungarian Superbike magazine. He also finds time to commentate on World and British Superbike events on Hungarian Eurosport!

Twice Hungarian Champion and runner up on four occasions, he has plenty of racing miles under his belt, as he also competed in endurance races from 2002 through to 2010.

Come along and see both Sandor and Stephen Thompson in action at the KDM Cookstown 100 on April 24 & 25.

Programme of Events

Thursday April 2nd – Press Launch, Royal Hotel, Cookstown from 7.30pm [all welcome]
Thursday April 9th – Liaison Night, Royal Hotel, Cookstown at 7.30pm
Saturday April 18th – Treasure Hunt and BBQ, Sign On Burn Road Car Park from 6pm
Sunday April 19th – Annual Bikers’ Service, Orritor Presbyterian Church at 3.30pm
Tuesday April 21st – Vintage Vehicle Run, Union Street Car Park from 6.30pm
Thursday April 23rd – Classic Bike Run, Union Street Car Park, leaving 7.30pm
Friday April 24th – PRACTICE DAY, Roads Close 11am
Saturday April 25th – RACE DAY, Roads Close 10am

[Image: cookstown2015dates.jpg]
26-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Website Find Reply