Harrison ready for Spring Cup opener
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Harrison ready for Spring Cup opener
[Image: martrain2015logo.jpg]

The 2015 road racing season kicks off in earnest this weekend with the traditional Spring Cup races at Oliver’s Mount near Scarborough.

Mar-Train racing embark upon their first full season of pure road racing with the enviable task of giving the new generation Yamaha R1 its first competitive road race at the tight and twisty North Yorkshire circuit. It has been a challenging and exciting winter of development for the Lisburn outfit as they take on the mantle of Yamaha UK’s Official Road Race team and spearhead the new R1’s road racing assault with Bradford man Dean Harrison.

After notching up a brace of second places to Guy Martin at last year’s Spring Cup, Harrison went on to score Lightweight, Junior and Senior wins at the Cock ‘O’ The North races in July including the feature race itself. Following on from successful pre-season tests both in Spain and at home the twenty six year old is keen to continue the success he enjoyed at “The Mount” in 2014.

Team Principal – Tim Martin

“It is always exciting to start a new racing season even more so when you are embarking upon a new challenge. I’m looking forward to a full road racing campaign and have high hopes for Dean, he proved last year that he can compete with the best riders on the biggest stage and Yamaha have now given him the tools to build on that. I am confident we won’t be far away in either class this weekend despite how early in the development stages we are with the YZF-R1M.”

Rider – Dean Harrison

“I can’t wait to get started, we’ve had three really productive tests and are a lot further on than I expected to be at this stage. The R6 is even better than last year and the R1M is just mega, easily the best bike I’ve ever ridden so it will be good to put it to the test and see how we get on. There is a good entry for this weekend so hopefully we can put on a good show for the fans and kick the year off with some good results.”

Qualifying takes place from 09:15 Saturday morning with the traditional aggregated events held on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

[Image: deanharrisonprescarborough.jpg]
08-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Website Find Reply