Marshalling
tigerted Offline

Threads: 6
Marshalling
Well not long now and I cannot wait.

This year because of available sailings I will be on the Island for two weeks so I have decided to this year actually do my bit and volunteer as a Marshall.
Funny thing is until I read the brilliant book on travelling marshals I had always wanted to be one but given what I read I don't think that was a good idea.

What I would like to ask is whether anyone can suggest somewhere along the course where I can get to refreshments and toilets but where its not boring to watch from.

My first thought was at Kirk Michael.

One of my mates has marshalled at Braddan for years but its not the most exciting place to view from.
10-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Find Reply
panman Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Marshalling
tigerted you'd be very welcome to join us marshalling outside the Railway Inn in Union Mills. There's refreshments (though you wouldn't be able to partake of the alcoholic sort until the roads are open!) and toilets and we're a friendly bunch.

The course there is quite technical and you can see the riders exiting the left hander at Snugborough Avenue then down the hill and through the right hander in front of the pub then over the small jump down to the left hander at Strang Road.

If you do join us come and introduce yourself - I'll be the big bald marshal! (called Chris)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Route 66 Blog: www.thehandys.co.uk/blog 
10-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Website Find Reply
lancepar Offline

Threads: 2
Have a read of this.
http://www.iomttma.com/
Enjoy your stay.
Icon_cool
No Marshals = No Racing.....do it.....you know you want to..
10-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Find Reply
tigerted Offline

Threads: 6
Chris you have solved my problem and I look forward to meeting you all very shortly. Ted
11-05-2015, 04:25 PM
Find Reply