Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Carl Cox selects his winning DJ for the Honda TT Revolution
[Image: hondaclosingparty.jpg]

Over 60,000 total plays of Honda TT Revolution mixes
Shortlist of five mixes selected by Mixcloud
Winner announced as Chris Odd from the Netherlands

Back for its second year, the Honda TT Revolution closing party will take place on Friday 12 June, headlined by legendary international DJ Carl Cox. Held at The Courthouse, the night marks the end of an epic week of racing at the Isle of Man TT road races.

This year Honda Europe launched a Europe-wide competition with Mixcloud to find an aspiring DJ to open and warm-up for Carl on the night. Running for two-months, the competition reached more than 15,000 music aficionados from across Europe, with the bulk of entries coming from the UK, Portugal and Italy.

Mixcloud selected an initial shortlist of five mixes and the final decision fell to Carl to choose his favourite. The winning DJ who will open the Honda TT Revolution is Chris Odd (Chris Swijnenberg). Commenting on his favourite mix, Carl said, “This mix was amazing to hear, it had a lot fun, funk and soul to it, and the selection was what I was looking for. I’m really looking forward to hearing him live.”

Chris Odd is a DJ from the Netherlands who has been spinning records since a young age and scored his first residency in his hometown after just one gig. Fifteen years on and his DJ’ing has seen him play in clubs from Amsterdam, Tunis, Eindhoven and Playa des Ingles, pumping out a mix of house and Latin inspired tunes.

“I’m really honoured that one of the best DJs in the world picked my mix as the winner!” said Chris after hearing he had won. “My idea was to create a mix as if I was already the winner, creating energy so that Carl could set the roof on fire! I can’t wait to share my mix and open for Carl on the night, it’s a dream come true.”

You can listen to the winning mix here – mixcloud.com/chrisswijnenberg/honda-tt-revolution/

Tickets for the Honda TT Revolution go on sale from 29 May, priced at £20 per person.
Tickets can be purchased directly from the The Courthouse, Isle of Man. There will also be a limited amount available to purchase online through Resident Advisor, to buy online click here.

For more information on the Honda TT Revolution:
Online tickets: HondaTTRevolution

For information on the DJs visit:

22-05-2015, 10:42 PM
Website Find Reply