Hot tip
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
Hot tip
Hot off the press Bruce Ansty in with a hot chance for 2015 after seeking advice from a,top Yorkshire know it all ,

[Image: 17901997988_31b3d29637_z.jpg]

[Image: 18090928195_4cef6c92df_z.jpg]
25-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Find Reply
BRADDAN OAK Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Hot tip
COULD JUST SEE YOU FLYING DOWN BRAY HILL ON THAT EDDIE.

26-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Find Reply

Nice bit of kit now I have sorted it out he will do well

27-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

Threads: 1
Hope you took the mirrors off Eddy they get pretty close to some walls.
27-05-2015, 09:17 AM
Find Reply

they were just there for me to road test Nev along with the numberplate soon taken off when it gets to the Island ,

27-05-2015, 09:40 AM
Find Reply
Amsterdam Offline

(27-05-2015, 09:40 AM)Steady the Edward Wrote: they were just there for me to road test Nev along with the numberplate soon taken off when it gets to the Island ,

Gosh, how did that come about?
(Perhaps you're only joking and it's "a toy" you just organized for yourself????)
27-05-2015, 08:47 PM
Find Reply
serowmaster Offline

Threads: 4
I wish there was toys like that in my box Bike2

GETTING OLD IS MANDATORY FEELING OLD IS OPTIONAL smilie
27-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

Welcome over to this forum Amsterdam, long time since we heard from you. Hope all is well and you are gainfully employed. You over this year?
27-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Find Reply
Amsterdam Offline

(27-05-2015, 09:09 PM)Nev14 Wrote: Welcome over to this forum Amsterdam, long time since we heard from you. Hope all is well and you are gainfully employed. You over this year?

Hi Nev14!

Yes it is well indeed. Turned out Lyme was well treated and cause of demise was burn out rather than anything medical. So I got through that last winter. Found employment mid march, through Linked In. Housing market booming right now in Amsterdam and so I am back in another mortgage processing office and quite happy with 4 day per week employment, private car park.

My last and final battle was with the Dutch Unemployment Office and boy, did I feel victory last week! "To tell a long story in a long way:" They sent me a letter in April enquete/enquire after their services. I'd torn it up, thought enough of this, I am at work, who cares I've told them loud and clear before what I think of them. 2 weeks later: Letter from them again, saying we are extremely sorry put a wrong name in letter sent to you early April, this was never supposed to have been posted! I thought how incredibly stupid and unprofessional!!! right, you're asking for it, you can have it! I composed a detailed letter of what I thought was wrong with their organization, advised on some things on how to improve and closed by saying that eventually at their Hilversum based office I'd met a lady who'd made the difference for me. At whose desk I'd sat in tears and who was very helpful and understanding. Not long after I was back in the work force. I suggested -the letter I wrote was addressed to the director customers and service personally- that he'd send her a large bunch of flowers to make her stand out in his organization as some one who still knows about "humane values". A week on got a call from the Office who said they'd read my letter carefully and had indeed presented this lady -one of their work coaching people- a large bunch of flowers. She had insisted upon reading my letter and they had let her do so. She phoned me later that night, being utterly surprized and honoured and said we have been complaining to our managers for years, we do not get through to them, but you have opened up their eyes, this is a big win for you!

Well, this TT I'll tune in to Manx radio, that's all I can do. Hopefully next year coming over again... Finding accomodation is the hardest thing, especially if you're not keen on camping...

Rowing still fine: during my demise I'd not row but still steer and command the boat, the rowing team have been great in supporting me, I started back at rowing late Feb.

Studies to be done, out here we need to renew financial exams every 3 years and I need to do mine before jan. 2016, which is a burden on my plate, so I do not post and read as much as when I was unemployed of course.

Well, that's your full update. Wish you well!! Happy Marshalling, for if I'm right that's what you do.

Amsterdam
28-05-2015, 12:04 PM
Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

Hi Amsterdam,

Glad that things have worked out for you. I am sure you will be over again soon. I do indeed marshall at shall be on post for the full fortnight at Sulby Bridge.
28-05-2015, 03:27 PM
Find Reply
Amsterdam Offline

(28-05-2015, 03:27 PM)Nev14 Wrote: Hi Amsterdam,

Glad that things have worked out for you. I am sure you will be over again soon. I do indeed marshall at shall be on post for the full fortnight at Sulby Bridge.

That's good fun out there, at Sulby Bridge, loved watching there. The side cars were most spectacular! Enjoy!!
28-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

Threads: 4
Hi Amsterdam

Glsd to hear things are going well for you. 2015 must be our year! I also got a new job back in January, which is 1 reason why I can't get over this year so, like you, will be listening on the radio and hopefully watching links through the internet.
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

28-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Find Reply
Amsterdam Offline

(28-05-2015, 07:27 PM)TTNeb Wrote: Hi Amsterdam

Glsd to hear things are going well for you. 2015 must be our year! I also got a new job back in January, which is 1 reason why I can't get over this year so, like you, will be listening on the radio and hopefully watching links through the internet.

Ow I took you for an islander, the waterfall must have been deceptive, reminded me of the one in Laxey in some one's back yard... Being back in the work force indeed is important. I'll surprize my male colleagues by switching on Manx Radio!
30-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Find Reply

Well blow me down but what can I say other than I told you so well done our Bruce

07-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Find Reply