Places to get to when roads are closed
racer77 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Places to get to when roads are closed
Hi all, was hoping some one can help?

I am arriving on the morning of Wed race week, and the roads will be closed when I arrive.

Can anyone name a few places that are easily reached from outside of the circuit? (airport side preferably).

Feel free to direct me to a previous forum post if already created.

Thanks in advance for your help
01-06-2015, 03:48 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Places to get to when roads are closed
There is a basic list of locations HERE which may need updating to be honest with you,

and also there is SILAJS Post which is much more extensive - HERE which goes into a lot more detail.

It depends as to whether you have been on the Isle of Man before or not, if those will be of any particular help to you.

Are you hiring a car or are you dependent upon public transport ?
01-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Website Find Reply
racer77 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
(01-06-2015, 04:09 PM)Malcolm Wrote: There is a basic list of locations HERE which may need updating to be honest with you,

and also there is SILAJS Post which is much more extensive - HERE which goes into a lot more detail.

It depends as to whether you have been on the Isle of Man before or not, if those will be of any particular help to you.

Are you hiring a car or are you dependent upon public transport ?

Hi Malcom, thanks for the reply. Yes, I have been to the island loads of times, have a fair knowledge of locations...I I have been able to hire a car, so have a bit of freedom in that respect.
01-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Find Reply
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
If you don't want the hassle of inching along the access road just head for somewhere like Ballacraine, 15 mins from the airport.
01-06-2015, 04:53 PM
Find Reply
AndyL Offline

Threads: 2
Given that you'll be arriving after most spectators are set for the day, the chance of getting a view has to come into it as well. The bottom of Bray Hill is fantastic and easily accessible but I expect 6-deep by the time the roads close. Does the main grandstand normally sell out? (I haven't been to the TT for a long time, it's less of an issue at the MGP.)

Quarterbridge, the pub at Union Mills and Gorse Lea just before Ballacraine are some other possibilities that spring to mind. Or if you don't mind a trek up the coast road, then there's the Hibernian road to the Gooseneck.

Hillberry's another spot you can get to from outside quite easily, as is the Creg.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015, 05:43 PM by AndyL.)
01-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Find Reply