Can someone give me a detailed explanation of what can be done to a Superstock?
KypDurron Offline

Threads: 23
Can someone give me a detailed explanation of what can be done to a Superstock?
I've always wondered this, and I've pieced together bits of information but never gotten the whole picture in detail. I know there are a lot of people on here with detailed knowledge and even first hand experience and I'm quite interested in as much info as I can find.

I'm especially curious about what, if anything, can be done to the engine. It always amazes me that they can thrash those bikes around for the length they do.
02-06-2015, 01:19 AM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Can someone give me a detailed explanation of what can be done to a Superstock?
Disc pads, fork internals, rear shock, chain drive, exhaust and ecu remap.
02-06-2015, 02:10 AM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
RE: Can someone give me a detailed explanation of what can be done to a Superstock?
I think there's basic engine work/rebuild allowed but it all must be within manufacturing tolerances/spec, not allowed to use oversize pistons.
02-06-2015, 08:42 AM
Find Reply
Kieranzxt Offline

Threads: 5
Engine work is limited to blue printing
03-06-2015, 01:27 PM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

Threads: 23
What's blueprinting, if I may ask?
05-06-2015, 04:49 AM
Find Reply
BcakWeleher Offline
@markybiker

Threads: 3
(05-06-2015, 04:49 AM)KypDurron Wrote: What's blueprinting, if I may ask?

Rebuilding the motor to exact specification to take away any slack tolerances allowed at the factory.

This should give optimal output and increased reliability.

It's quite expensive and I think it prob happens less these days as tolerances are better than ever at the factory??????

In my day you would send the motor off to be rebuilt almost as a matter of course. Tony Scott was a well known "blueprinter". I have a 1993 GSXR 750 motor rebuilt after running in by Richard Albans at TTS engineering that has never since missed a beat.
If it was a two stroke I am guessing Stan Stephens was the big name.

Other engine builders/tuners are available !!
  Beer2  Triumph Sprint ST.  The Empire Strikes Back!!
05-06-2015, 08:29 AM
Website Find Reply
Kieranzxt Offline

Threads: 5
As said, it's a method of rebuilding the engine so it is in perfect but stock form, with everything being at the optimum within the tolerances, cam lift, bore, piston size, journal sizes, etc, etc
06-06-2015, 10:08 PM
Find Reply