*** - BE WARNED - ***
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13,488
*** - BE WARNED - ***
For those of you who are seeking accommodation, please be careful who it is that you are negotiating with.

I received a communication, related to someone who paid a deposit last June, for the accommodation they had arranged for  the TT.

As I understand it, the Property Owner has initially refused to recognize that the deposit had been paid and when the people turned up at the door, they were fobbed off and turned away.

Persistent with their claim for recovery of their deposit, the people eventually threatened legal action and the Property owner has now said (during a phone call), that due to a foot injury he is at Nobles but promises to see them and repay the deposit.

There also appears to be a conflict with this Guy and his compliance to the Regulations related to Homestay (if he is in fact registered), so BE CAREFUL when handing over money in advance I suppose is the warning.

Such a shame when so many others on the Isle of Man have opened their doors willingly and welcomed all Riders who were caught out in the bad weather last night, providing them with somewhere to sleep , have a shower and a meal etc, and most of it at no cost.

Malcolm
(This post was last modified: 16-05-2017, 08:03 PM by Malcolm.)
02-06-2015, 12:34 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13,488
RE: *** - BE WARNED - ***
Homestay Code of Conduct

The Homestay host is required to undertake and observe the following Code of Conduct:

1 To ensure high standards of courtesy and cleanliness

2 To register with Regency Travel on an annual basis

3 To provide accommodation only during the TT Festival and the Isle of Man Festival of Motorcycling

4 To describe accurately to all visitors and prospective visitors the facilities provided at the establishment

5 To allow visitors to see the accommodation on arrival and prior to payment of the balance

6 To make clear exactly what is included in the price quoted for accommodation

7 To adhere to, and not to exceed prices agreed at time of booking

8 To give the visitor details of payments due and provide receipts if required

9 To deal promptly and courteously with all enquiries, requests, reservations, correspondence and complaints from visitors

10 To inform the Regency Travel Homestay Team by telephone on +44 (0) 1624 694456 or email sales@iomttbreaks.com of any bookings once confirmed

11 To understand that the property is subject to the Fire Precautions Act 1975

12 To agree that Regency Travel shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever of any kind, which may arise by virtue of any aspect of the Homestay scheme

13 To agree that Regency Travel may publicise my property and provide me with other tourist related information

More information for Homestay Seekers on what you can expect to get. - HERE
A Complete Reference Guide for Paying Customers on what Homestay Providers are expected to Provide for you - can be viewed HERE  ( .pdf file)

21-06-2015, 07:26 PM
Website Find Reply
gsxr1170 Offline
Probationer

Threads: 4
I also paid a deposit last August and recently got in touch to get address I got one reply saying she will be in touch shortly have sent several messages that she has recieved and read but no response which now leaves me with ferry ticket and nowhere to stay unless something comes up though using this site I never gave it thought it might be a con
(This post was last modified: 18-05-2017, 02:12 PM by Malcolm.)
18-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Find Reply
Queenbee Offline
Probationer

Threads: 7
Happened to us in 2015 - never did get the deposit money back but luckily found replacement homestay on the official website for the full 2 weeks we had booked for. I had found the original on the old forum site and thought it trustworthy too. Just goes to show there are rip off merchants everywhere!
20-05-2017, 01:10 AM
Find Reply
Raynetjr Offline

Threads: 6
(18-05-2017, 02:01 PM)gsxr1170 Wrote: I also paid a deposit last August and recently got in touch to get address I got one reply saying she will be in touch shortly have sent several messages that she has recieved and read but no response which now leaves me with ferry ticket and nowhere to stay unless something comes up though using this site I never gave it thought it might be a con

PM sent with a potential option.
22-05-2017, 07:01 PM
Find Reply