Are the full results of the superbike race wrong?
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
Are the full results of the superbike race wrong?
Have they made a wrong decision in the way they gave out the results of the superbike race? If a race is stopped it is normaly the case that the race result is based on the previous finish lap results and not by the way they have conducted it yesterday, should the results be based on the prevous lap before the race was stopped then that would have made Michael Dunlop come 3rd,  I have been throughthe FIM rules on the internet but it does not explain the procedure,  the FIM rules book is very heavy I know and in depth, so this morning I have qestioned the FIM the correct rules for a red flagged race in an international meeting, in the meantime does anyone know what the rules may be?
08-06-2015, 08:34 AM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Are the full results of the superbike race wrong?
Bill, isn't this what I was saying yesterday?
08-06-2015, 09:08 AM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
 obviously with a lap 0f over 37 miles maybe a slightly different view is taken and needed

results as listed on the iomtt website should be in the link below for any who dont know how to find them

http://www.iomtt.com/~/media/Files/2015/...erbike.pdf
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015, 09:15 AM by scaramanga.)
08-06-2015, 09:10 AM
Find Reply
Latino Offline

Threads: 1
With the length of the TT Course a kind of logical way of doing it rather than going back to the end of the previous lap for all competitors would be to go back to the race position the rider occupied at the transponder timing point immediately prior to the location of the red flag at which said competitor was stopped.

In a similar way to Spanner's example Gary Johnson would also have been placed if the results went back to the end of Lap 5. I personally don't see how you can count in the results if you were not on your bike and racing at the time the flag came out.

I'd love to see things from your perspective but unfortunately ........... I find it impossible to get my head that far up my a$$
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015, 10:07 AM by Latino.)
08-06-2015, 10:06 AM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12
(08-06-2015, 09:10 AM)scaramanga Wrote:  obviously with a lap 0f over 37 miles maybe a slightly different view is taken and needed

results as listed on the iomtt website should be in the link below for any who dont know how to find them

http://www.iomtt.com/~/media/Files/2015/...erbike.pdf

So it looks as though even if you rode your nuts of and churned out 125 mph laps and you finished 7th onwards all you get is a smacked behind and no replica.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
08-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Find Reply
excollier Offline
slow biker, road race fan

Threads: 11
The TT never fails to confound all attempts to make it conform to "normal" race rules. It is just too different to apply the rules of shorter circuits and mass starts.
08-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
For the little it's worth, my opinion is that whenever the cut-off point of the red flag coming out occurs anyone not circulating at that time shouldn't be included in the final results, even on countback.

If yesterday's race was counted back to the last sector or the last lap (and excluded those who were no longer in the race at the time of the flag) the first five would be the same as the official result. Michael Rutter got lucky due to an earlier start number and Dan Kneen unlucky. The most unlucky, in my opinion, are all those who missed their chance to win a replica by the stoppage.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
08-06-2015, 12:46 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
To be counted in the results a rider must be still circulating , it is the same in all the races I have been involved in for years ,

08-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Find Reply
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
(08-06-2015, 08:03 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: To be counted in the results a rider must be still circulating , it is the same in all the races I have been involved in for years ,

Yes Eddie but this is an FIM meeting FIM rules, I have as yet had no reply with my question by the FIM as yet but when "if" I do I will advise.
09-06-2015, 01:07 AM
Find Reply
Westers Offline
Banned

Threads: 3
It would make sense to me to do it as follows:

• Whatever lap the red flag comes out on, ignore the positions of that lap unless the rider has crossed the line and finished the race before the red flag came out. If you've finished the race, those results stand.
  • Only those still riding on the lap when the red flag came out are eligible for a result (that means MD, GJ, etc, couldn't be classed as finishers)
  • Either work out which of the transponders on the course was the one that everybody in the race last passed, and then work out positions from that, or:
  • Use the positions of the competitors as they stood when they last crossed the line.
It's not a perfect solution as there will always be winners/losers, however it's about the only way I can think of where you have a fixed point that all remaining riders have passed and thus you can work out their relative positions.

Although I'm sure the FIM have a better solution than my simple brain can come up with Smile
09-06-2015, 08:38 AM
Find Reply
Latino Offline

Threads: 1
At least 2 of us here are thinking the same way. What you posted is saying much the same as I posted on Page 1.

I'd love to see things from your perspective but unfortunately ........... I find it impossible to get my head that far up my a$$
09-06-2015, 09:57 AM
Find Reply