Mar-Train and Harrison target Southern Success
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Mar-Train and Harrison target Southern Success
[Image: martrain2015logo.jpg]

Dean Harrison and Mar-Train Racing return to the Isle of Man this week to take in the popular Southern 100 road races. Following on from a testing TT the Yamaha UK outfit will be hoping for a return to the form that saw Harrison set a new lap record on the way to a supersport double at last year’s event.

Twenty six year old Harrison is undoubtedly the man to beat around the 4.250 mile Billown circuit with thirteen podiums from thirteen starts in 2013 and 2014 including seven wins. The easy-going Yorkshire man’s ‘five timer’ in 2014 was capped off by the fact that he set new supersport and absolute lap records of 110.431mph and 114.601mph respectively.

All eyes will no doubt be on the battle between Yamaha mounted Harrison and the BMW duo of Dunlop and Martin whilst Harrison’s singular focus is on lifting the Solo Championship crown he narrowly missed out on last year.

Team Principal – Tim Martin

“It has been good to get back to the workshop for the past fortnight to reflect and build on what we learned at the TT. We have some new parts for the superbike and have made good progress on the electronics side as well so I am looking forward to getting out on track to test this next stage of our development of the R1M. Dean is a class act around the Southern, he enjoys the circuit and we enjoyed the event as a whole last year so hopefully the weather is kind and we can get back up on to the podium.”

Rider – Dean Harrison

“I can’t wait to get back out on the bikes again, the Billown circuit is mega and the event is just great fun. I know from last year the R6 will be ultra-competitive and the team have been working hard on the superbike with both Yamaha and Ohlins. I’m confident we can use what we learned at the TT to good effect and put the R1M up the sharp end in the big bike races as well.

Schedule

Monday 6th July (evening)            Practice

Tuesday 7th July (evening)            Practice & Corlett’s Trophies Senior Solo Founders 600/1000cc Race (7 laps)

Wednesday 8th July (evening)     Ellan Vannin Fuels Senior Race (7 laps) & Radcliffe Butchers 600 Race (8 laps)

Thursday 9th July (day time)         S&S Motors 600cc Race (7 laps) & Manx Gas Solo Championship (9 laps

[Image: deanos100win2014.jpg]
Dean taking the 600cc win at the Southern in 2014
06-07-2015, 12:01 PM
Website Find Reply