MARTIN ALL SET FOR SOUTHERN 100 WITH TYCO BMW
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MARTIN ALL SET FOR SOUTHERN 100 WITH TYCO BMW
[Image: tycobmwlogo.jpg]

It’s been a busy few weeks as ever for Tyco BMW rider Guy Martin, who joined the exclusive Isle of Man TT 132mph Club back in June.

Just last weekend the Lincolnshire racer was in Germany to support BMW’s Motorrad Days at Garmisch-Partenkirchen in the Bavarian mountain resort, which hosted the 1936 Winter Olympic Games.

This week he’s back on the Isle of Man to take in his favourite race of the year – the Southern 100, where he will be looking to retain the Solo Championship title that he lifted just twelve months ago.

“The Southern 100 is the best race of the year,” said Martin. “It’s a great event and superbly run and George [Peach – Club & Race Secretary] is a top man. You even get tea vouchers and tuna and sweetcorn sandwiches!”

Speaking of his BMW Motorrad machinery he added: “We got the S1000RR well sorted at the TT. The Southern is a real test for bike set-up, so we will know more about where we are this week, but I’m there to do my best and if that’s good enough for a top step we will be standing on it. I’m fully committed.”

Team Manager Philip Neill said:

“It’s a well known fact that the Southern 100 rates very highly on Guy’s race calendar every year. He’s had quite a bit of success there on TAS Racing machinery in the past and I’m sure he will be looking to add to his 11 career wins this week on the Tyco BMW S1000RR.”

[Image: guyatcastletwoncorner.jpg]

The Race Programme for Guy Martin at the Steam Packet International Southern 100 Road Races:

Tuesday 7th July
Corlett’s Trophies Senior Solo Founders 600cc/1000cc Race over 7 laps starting at 8.00pm

Wednesday 8th July
Ellan Vannin Fuels Senior Race over 7 laps starting at 6.20pm

Thursday 9th July
Manx Gas Solo Championship over 9 laps [afternoon]
08-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Website Find Reply