MARTIN AND TYCO BMW WIN SENIOR RACE AT SOUTHERN 100
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MARTIN AND TYCO BMW WIN SENIOR RACE AT SOUTHERN 100
[Image: seniorpodium.jpg]

Guy Martin won an enthralling Ellan Vallin Fuels Senior race on Wednesday at the Southern 100 in the Isle of Man, onboard his Tyco BMW S1000RR.

Despite the meeting being virtually put on hold for two days due to inclement weather conditions, Martin picked up where he left off on the Billown circuit twelve months ago, taking Southern 100 career win number 12 and his first on BMW Motorrad machinery.

Speaking afterwards, the Lincolnshire man, who also set the fastest lap of the race said:

I said before I came here that we had discovered a good base setting on the Tyco BMW at the TT, but the Southern would be a stiff test. Today was the first time out in the dry and even though it was a bit of an unknown, the track was in great shape and the S1000RR was well up to it.

“Michael Dunlop came with me, and fair play to him, but we made a fair bit of ground on Dean in third. There’s certainly more to come and I’m sure it will make for an interesting race tomorrow [Thursday] for the Solo Championship. I think I’m now on the same amount of wins as good old Jason Griffiths!”

Team Manager Philip Neill said:

“There are never any easy wins around the Southern 100 circuit, and after leading the race on Tuesday night when it was red flagged, it was great to see Guy instantly pick up the pace again on the Tyco BMW. He controlled the race well even though the margin of victory was small at the end. But congratulations to Michael Dunlop also for making it a BMW one-two.”

Results [7 laps of the 4.25-mile Billown Circuit]

Winner – Guy Martin [Tyco BMW]; 2nd – Michael Dunlop [BMW] +0.092sec; 3rd – Dean Harrison [Yamaha] +14.4sec; 4th – Dan Kneen [Honda] +0.4sec; 5th – Ivan Lintin [Kawasaki] +4.1sec; 6th – James Cowton [Honda] +29sec.

Fastest Lap – Guy Martin [Tyco BMW] 111.693mph

[Image: tycobmwlogo.jpg]
09-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Website Find Reply